Vraag

Is the [Purism Librem 5] supported on the KPN network?

• 3 December 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 114 keer bekeken

Badge

(This is in English, maar ik spreek ook Nederlands.)

The title says it all; Is the Purism Librem 5 supported on the KPN network? Will it connect, does it allow everything from calling/texting to 4G data traffic without limitations?

In addition, does the KPN network restrict the devices you can connect with? Or could I in theory invent and develop my own unique phone, and will that connect?

For those unfamiliar with this phone, the Librem 5 is a security and privacy focused phone. But this Linux is Debian-based, not Android.

See: https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Welcome to the forum @b625e17! Completely understandable that you wouldn't want to buy a phone that may not work. :wink: I've checked for you and honestly the best answer I can currently give you is that I`m not sure. On this page I see the same questions being asked that you are asking us. The community's answer seems to be that there is no certainty until the point that more people own this phone and can give feedback in this. I would like to recommend you contact Purism and let them know what equipment we work with and ask them if they can let you know for sure.

Here some experience with Librem 5. After I inserted the sim of simyo, the phone calls, exchange sms and mobile data via 4G were working without a problem.