Beantwoord

Arte in German & French

• 15 June 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 330 keer bekeken

Since ages, Arte has been available in German language on Dutch TV. However, in other countries, the channel is also available in French, and in the past, KPN did provide a smart option to switch languages on its interactive TV.
It is a petty that this option has been removed.
I wonder if KPN could re-activate the possibility to switch again from German to French? It would certainly raise the satisfaction of TV fans of both languages.
Groetjes
icon

Beste antwoord door PeterG 15 June 2019, 15:23

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

The option was never available.

Dual language is not supported in the IPTV system. Only in the DVB-C system. KPN cannot use DVB-C, only IPTV. Therefor it is not possible to use the two languages. Because Dutch people are much better in German than in French KPN chose to distribute in German.

Until 2 years ago there was an unofficial trick to switch to French (only live). Due to introducing the switching possibility stereo/dolby that trick does not work anymore.
After pausing a live transmission it was French. That was not ment to be.

With satellite transission (DVB norm) you can receive it in French. For free, without supscription for a satelliteprovider.
Thank you PeterG for your reply. Good to know that KPN customers may have to adapt a satellite antenna if they wish to receive Arte in French.
Reputatie 6
Badge +9
Or switch to Ziggo.😊
With hybrid reception, KPN + FTA satelite, you have 100's of stations for the same monthly costs.

FTA = stations without subscription
Reputatie 7
Badge +28
Welcome here Artefan! I think Peters explains it well. We get this suggestion regularly and this feature has been on the backlog for a long period. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a lot of priority. I hope that we will make this possible some day but it might still take a while.

Reageer