Beantwoord

New KON iTV box does not get IP address (error code 562)

• 9 November 2019
  • 7 reacties
  • 173 keer bekeken

Hi there,

I have exchanged my old iTV box for a new one (as requested by KPN) and  the installation of the box hangs at 85% (“Configuratie geactiveerd”) for a while and then throws an error code 562.

Closer inspection reveals that during the software installation (which works fine), the box gets an IP-number via DHCP from the Experia box (v10, H369A) but does not get one after the restart (at around the 75% mark).

I tried so far the steps 1-3 on the website www.foutcode.tv/562 to no avail. The iTV box is now the only wire-connected device to the experia box and as far as I have it under control there is no other router active that might supply a DHCP-server.

Also, as an experiment, I assigned the DHCP-supplied address as a static address to the box - no change.

iTV-box model: HMB2260

Any ideas?

icon

Beste antwoord door OliverJennrich 16 November 2019, 14:13

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

7 reacties

Hi @OliverJennrich . That's mighty strange.

Did you power off the experiabox for 30 seconds? Can you als try a factory default of the itv box? THis can be done manually:

Boot up the STB whilst pressing the standby button. This way you should get acces to a boot menu where you can remove current software en return to factory default. 

Maybe that will help. Could you also fill in your profile and alert me when you've done that? I will check your itv account and perhaps I can fix this error on our side. 

Hi Erwin,

I updated my profile.

And yes, I did try to reboot the experia box, did a hardware reset (the little button on the back) and a ‘factory reset’. No change of the situation. I tried to get the system profile of the iTV box and the only thing I could find out that it indeed connected to the experia box for the updating of the software on 192.168.2.1 and the experia box showed that the iTV box got a DHCP lease for that address. After downloading the software it installs the software and then drops the IP-address prior to the reboot (at around 70%). It then blanks the screen on the TV, reboots and does not require a new IP address. It subsequently hangs at 85%.

After some googling, I looked into the IPv4 port forwarding and the IP address of the box shows up with a ‘HDW_….’ app which does not show up in the app list and does not allow inspection.

If you could try some remote magic, that’d be great.

Hi @OliverJennrich . I'm willing to try my magic :-)

At the moment I see an old model in the technical administration. A so called 1903 ( very old) .. Is this STB still in use? If not, I can remove it and we can try again to connect your new itv box :-)

Let me know!

No, we changed the STB to a newer one very recently, This is how the problem started. Since last weekend, we have a Arcadyan hmb2260. So yes, you can remove it.

Okay! I've removed the old one. Could you try to connect the new STB? Perhaps its necessary to do the factory default on the itv box again.

I hope this will work. Let me know!

Ok, some final feedback here -

We also contacted the KPN helpline and after some discussion and trial and error they concluded that the iTV box was broken. After we replaced it, everything works fine. So thank you for your help - sometimes it is just a hardware problem :)

Nice! Thank you for the update. If you have any questions in the future, feel free to ask them here.