Coax and copper cable

• 30 augustus 2015
  • 6 reacties
  • 440 keer bekeken

Hi everybody,

I recently subscribed a new abbonement with KPN and coming from former Ziggo/UPC. Well I have had received the KPN box all in 1 and looking to the modem/router I found out that it works only with copper cable and I have at home only coaxial cable for UPC. How is possible to have the system working with KPN.

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30
JosefinaJimenez schreef:

Hi everybody,

I recently subscribed a new abbonement with KPN and coming from former Ziggo/UPC. Well I have had received the KPN box all in 1 and looking to the modem/router I found out that it works only with copper cable and I have at home only coaxial cable for UPC. How is possible to have the system working with KPN.

Hello,

KPN all-in-1 packages works with coppercable (DSL) and fiber. If you have fiber, there is probably a NTU/FTU somewhere.

If you do not have fiber: You probbly have a "IS/RA" somewhere. In the livingroom, in the hallway or where water/gas/electricity enters your home.

Do you see a (dark)blue cable somewhere? That's the KPN cable, which enters your house, if possible, follow it to the "IS/RA"

Here is an image of some commonly used IS/RA's: https://

Robin

Hi Robin,

thank you for your answer. This is a family house not an apartment and I have only a green cable cmoing from outside (the sidewalk) and is plugged in a white box from where is delivered UPC/Ziggo I had found out another black broken cable in the meter box, but coming from the roof where I have the bedrooms.

Any idea?

Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hello,

Family house? Even those houses have an IS/RA. If you dont have a cable coming in to your house, KPN would have noticed. Is it behind something maybe?

Robin
Yes Robin I had look around everywhere but I didn't saw any other cable...anyways I asked the technician intervention for the installation so I suppose he know where is it.

Thanks for your help but I let you keep posted when have some news.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30
I hope you find it!
Reputatie 7
Badge +28
Hi Josefina,

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to KPN 🙂 If you've been able to order a KPN package, then you will have either an IS/RA point for copper cable entry or an FTU for fiber cable entry. The installation engineer will be able to find this for you, but if you want I can check here where it will probably be. In that case, send me a private message with postal code, house number and the name on the contract.

Regards,

Erik

Reageer