Beantwoord

Experia Box V10 setup with Superwifi point

• 10 May 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 422 keer bekeken

Hi All,

We have Experia box v10  and  recently we also installed two Superwifi points.

Now the problem is there is no wifi at all unless I remove the connection of  two Superwifi points  to the Experia box.

I tried restart everything but it doesn’t work.

Best, Lianghai

icon

Beste antwoord door Bart van KPN 12 May 2021, 12:31

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Lianghai, welcome. 

When you install the SuperWiFi points, the wifi of the V10 will be shutdown. You use the wifi of the SuperWifi points. They will have an other SSID. You find it on the back of the point. Are you connected with that one?

Hi @Lianghai, welcome. 

When you install the SuperWiFi points, the wifi of the V10 will be shutdown. You use the wifi of the SuperWifi points. They will have an other SSID. You find it on the back of the point. Are you connected with that one?

Dear Bart,

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately , the SSID of superwifi is also not visible.

I followed the instruction of KPN service worker and the superwifi can work for 1 minute with stable green LED and then the LED become blue and then stable green. But at this stage, there is NO wifi  then.

Best, Lianghai

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I think there goes something wrong with the installation. Please reset all and follow these instructions: how to install the SuperWifi. It's in Dutch, hopefully you understand or you can translate the page. 

I think there goes something wrong with the installation. Please reset all and follow these instructions: how to install the SuperWifi. It's in Dutch, hopefully you understand or you can translate the page. 

Thanks Bart, But I am afraid I have followed the instruction. My issue is that the superwifi can take over the wifi function for 1-2 minutes (I can use internet in this 1-2 minutes ) then it fails. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

The SuperWifi points are connected with a cable? Both or just one?

The SuperWifi points are connected with a cable? Both or just one?

Dear Bart,

Thanks for your help. One KPN engineer comes to our house last Saturday and the problem is too strange to him. The problem is still there. He told us KPN will reset everything in our house  and will call us when it is done. So, we are waiting for it.

Reputatie 4
Badge +3

that is one bad mechanic sorry. im afraid you need to make another appointment.  asap

because no reset on kpn side will fix the issue. 

what i suggest you do. look at your wifi list. 

then turn on 1 superwifi. the you will discover that a strong signal appeared on your wifi list. 

it doesnt have to be the same name as your v10 box.  

if you cannot login because you dont know the password. the only way is with WPS button. 

but you need a WPS capable device like a phone or laptop. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

So the mechanic couldn't fix it. Too bad. :( I also think it's not on our side. It something in your network, or a problem with the wifi point. Have you switched them in place after you reset them?

I would also like to see what the mechanic did. Will you please fill in your profile? Let me know when you did so I can take a look. 

that is one bad mechanic sorry. im afraid you need to make another appointment.  asap

because no reset on kpn side will fix the issue. 

what i suggest you do. look at your wifi list. 

then turn on 1 superwifi. the you will discover that a strong signal appeared on your wifi list. 

it doesnt have to be the same name as your v10 box.  

if you cannot login because you dont know the password. the only way is with WPS button. 

but you need a WPS capable device like a phone or laptop. 

Dear Darkie117,

I am afraid it is the case as you mentioned. When superwifi connected, I can only see a wifi named Acadyandefault. This wifi replaced my wifi. Apparently, I don’t know its password. 

I do have a phone and laptop but I don’t know how to login.

Best, Lianghai

So the mechanic couldn't fix it. Too bad. :( I also think it's not on our side. It something in your network, or a problem with the wifi point. Have you switched them in place after you reset them?

I would also like to see what the mechanic did. Will you please fill in your profile? Let me know when you did so I can take a look. 

Let me rephase it like this. With superwifi it can only work for one-two minutes. In this time, I can see my normal wifi with name “H369*****” and I can also connect to it. But after this time, a wifi named acadyandefault will replace my normal wifi. For sure, it is not a wifi that I can use.

Best, Lianghai

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Very weird. It's correct the SuperWifi will take over the wifi of the V10. So the H369 can not be used anymore. You have to connect with the SuperWifi? Can you log in to the SuperWifi? You can use the password on the back of the wifi point. Username empty. What SSID do you see? 

I also asked my colleagues what to do. They told me it should work if you follow these instructions:

1`: Detach SuperWifi

2:  Reset modem

3: Reset superwifi via webinterface

4: Attach first SuperWifi, wait 5 minutes.

5: Attacht second SuperWifi and wait another 5 minutes.