Beantwoord

How to cancel month-to-month subscription

• 13 December 2022
  • 19 reacties
  • 320 keer bekeken

Good day,

I have a month-to-month internet-only KPN subscription. I am currently unable to call customer service, but I would like to cancel/pause my KPN subscription until I need it again in a few months. 

It would be great if I could get some assistance.

Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door Sanne van KPN 18 December 2022, 17:47

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

19 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @AngeloMel! If you want to cancel your subscription, this can be done most quickly by calling us on 0800-0402. Business days between 8:00 - 18:00 and on Saturdays between 8:00 - 17:00. Hopefully you’re able to call now. If not, you can also cancel online, but it can take up to 4 weeks for that to get processed and my colleagues will try calling you about the cancellation as well, to make sure everything is in order. 🙂

Hi @Sanne_M,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried doing this via the phone when I was still in NL, but was just transferred back and forth (often with the call dropping and me having to call again). Eventually I gave up and came to this forum instead. I have also filled out the form to cancel, but I have not received any communication from KPN (via phone or email). I’m not sure if phoning would work, since I’m not currently in the EU region. 

Is it possible to cancel/pause my subscription? Otherwise I will be spending quite a bit on a service I am not using.

Thank you :)

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AngeloMel Odd that you were transferred back and forth. 😐 Did you receive a confirmation after you’ve asked for the cancellation online?

If that happened, then my colleagues should contact you within 4 weeks. If they don't manage to reach you they’ll cancel the subscription regardless per the date you asked for, so it should be sorted either way. 

You cannot call 0800 from abroad.

Instead, call +31612001200. 

Hi @Sanne_M!

I have not received communication regarding the cancellation, but it has not been a full month yet. Let’s see what happens next week. Hopefully I will receive some confirmation email, since I won’t be able to check if it’s working or not. 

Thanks again :)

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Check @AngeloMel. Just in case, could you fill out your forumprofiel? Then I can check whether a cancellation has been registered or not, and that way we'll know what to expect. 🙂 Could you let me know if you’ve filled out everything? Then I can have a look. 

@Sanne_M done! :) Thank you so much 🙌

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Thank you too @AngeloMel! I see my colleagues have tried contacting you the past week, probably to discuss cancelling your subscription (but the notes they left aren't very clear on that). Do you have any missed calls and voicemails perhaps? If so, I hope they left a way for you to call them back, if that's possible for you to do. 

If that's not possible and you can't call, let me know!

Hi @Sanne_M

Unfortunately, I am not in the EU region, so my Dutch sim is not usually in my phone. Is it possible to communicate via email instead?

Thank you :)

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AngeloMel Good to know! I've asked one of my colleagues directly, and the subscription is now cancelled, so that's done! You should’ve received an e-mail confirming this. If you have any other questions, let me know! 

@Sanne_M wow, thank you so so much! I really appreciate your excellent assistance 🙌

If I would like to activate the internet again, can I just do it via the website?

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

You’re very welcome! 😄 Yes, then you can just apply for a subscription again on our website. Make sure to do this at least 3 weeks in advance, just to be safe and make sure you have your services in time. 🙂

If you have any questions by then, feel free to start a new topic! We’re happy to help you here.

Hi @Sanne_M! I hope you are doing really well :) 

I apologise about keeping this thread going, but I have received an email from KPN saying “Herinnering: stuur alstublieft uw apparatuur terug”. Since I am planning continuing with my KPN subscription again in April, is this really necessary? Also, I am currently unable to do so as I am not in NL. 

Thanks again 😅

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @AngeloMel, no worries! Keep using this thread, it still concerns the same subject after all. 😄

It is always necessary to send back your hardware, even if you’re starting a new subscription again later. It's not ideal, but it's automated. That means that you'll receive new hardware for your new subscription automatically. 

As you’re not in The Netherlands currently I can see how this would be a challenge. There's no one back in The Netherlands that can do this for you? It's a matter of packaging everything in a box, write this address on it: 

KPN
Antwoordnummer 10119
2400VB Alphen aan den Rijn

Then send it off through a PostNL point of your choosing. There are no costs for this. 

If that's not possible, do let me know! 

Hi @Sanne_M,

Thanks for the super quick response as always.

Unfortunately, that is not possible :( I am more than happy to keep the existing hardware and just reuse it when the connection is enabled again in April.

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

You’re welcome! 

In that case I'll let our logistics department know that you’re unable to return the hardware. You may ignore any letters/e-mails you'll receive about this in the future. 🙂 You may use this hardware again in the future, just know that you'll also receive new hardware when ordering as well. You can then return any hardware you're not using. But that's for later. 😄

Thanks for letting me know! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

You’re welcome! 

In that case I'll let our logistics department know that you’re unable to return the hardware. You may ignore any letters/e-mails you'll receive about this in the future. 🙂 You may use this hardware again in the future, just know that you'll also receive new hardware when ordering as well. You can then return any hardware you're not using. But that's for later. 😄

Thanks for letting me know! 

Small correction, if he gets a new internet account with tv then he'll receive the new KPN TV+ box and need to use those, the old ones shouldn't work. 

Thank you so much @Sanne_M and @Ik_Combineer! I really appreciate all the help. The customer service has been excellent 🙌

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Small correction, if he gets a new internet account with tv then he'll receive the new KPN TV+ box and need to use those, the old ones shouldn't work. 

Good point @Ik_Combineer

You’re very welcome @AngeloMel! Happy to hear it. 😄