Beantwoord

Huge packet loss when connecting to AWS

• 23 March 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 446 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello,

Since two days ago I am experiencing issues when connecting to my company’s infrastructure in AWS. Everything else works well, quick and responsive.

My colleagues who are also using KPN are having the same problem and we are all working from home. Other colleagues who are not using KPN don’t have any problems.

Doing some research I saw a high percentage of lost packets:

Below is my colleague’s traceroute to the same server in our AWS account

he is using Ziggo.

I am also a gamer and the MMO I’m playing is hosted in AWS Ireland region. Last night I tried playing and the connection was also very bad so I stopped after a few minutes.

This all tells me there are some routing issues between NL and Ireland (or NL and AWS) so I’m wondering if anyone else has seen a similar thing and if there is something I could do?

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 24 March 2021, 09:40

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

6 reacties

It is really impossible to use KPN for work or play, they should change their routes as soon as possible, as almost everything today passes trough ireland and its is not working!

Please do something about that!

Hello,

I am experiencing the same and it blocks me from working.

I have the same issue! It is a huge blocker.

I can barely access my company’s infrastructure.

This might be related to my issue: 

It’s in Dutch, but I’m seeing 20-60% UDP packet loss on downstream connections from AWS Ireland (but also to Dutch datacenters).

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi guys, welcome! Turns out that Amazon has changed some things in their routing. They have fixed parts of this, but it's possible that you might still experience issues. If so, please share the server(s) you're having problems with, as well as traces to it. We can then take a look and see if we can do anything to help mitigate or solve this.

Reputatie 1

Not sure what has changed in the meanwhile but things are looking better this morning. I’ll continue monitoring.

:edit:

Just saw the post from @Erik_ ; thank you for it.