Beantwoord

Internet and TV options

• 2 November 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 230 keer bekeken

Hello, we are going to move soon and would like to see what kind of paket is available for internet and TV. For us is important to have internet also at the top floor... :thinking:  :video_game:

At this moment we are not so happy over the internet supplyer, because wifi end at the 1st floor and we use 3G on our phones at the top floor :unamused:

How many TV programs are possible to be included for kids?

At the website are new packages, but there is many things included we don't need. We are clients of KPN with our company mobiles and we are very happy over it. May be there is some way to combine privé internet and TV and company mobiles? :family_mwg:

Thank you in advance! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 5 November 2019, 10:03

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hey Chilamanila, welcome to the forum! Happy to see you're considering us for your new home :) From your message I gather there's a few things important for you. That being

• good wifi throughout the house
  • tv content for children
  • the possibility to pick and choose what you want in the package

Now, as far the last point is concerned, with our current packages, that is definitely possible in more ways than before. So, let's start at the beginning.

This is the order page on our website.

The first choice you make at the top is which internet speed you would like. Which options you're going to get will depend on your location and type of connection. Which one you choose depends on your needs. 

Below that you choose whether you want a contract for a year, or one that can be cancelled monthly. The latter does mean you do not get a new-customer discount and the monthly price is €3 more.

The next choice is whether you want tv. And if you do, how many set top boxes you want. The available number of them, and the type (interactive or Digitenne) depends on the available bandwidth at your house. If you choose (at least) two interactive set top boxes, you get the recording package included. If you only need one set top box, or the other set top boxes are non-interactive, you can add recording for €4,99.

The next choice is entertainment options. 

First a small detour for children's content :) The basic channel package that is included with tv has these channels. Specific for children in that list are Dreamworks Channel, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Zappelin Extra, and Cartoon Network.

If that is not enough, or not the desired content, you can choose to add the Pluspakket to your order. This adds a bunch of extra channels as well as on demand content. A list of the channels can be seen here (tick the Pluspakket box at the top). Specific for Children in there are Nick Toons, Nick Music, Nick Jr. Boomerang, BabyTV, and Telekids. The on demand section also has quite a selection of series and films for children. I can't give a list of that as it changes regularly. 

These entertainment options can be added to your order but are not bound to the same year contract. So, you can add an option at any time and cancel it again after (at least) a month. Besides channel packages you also have the option to add Spotify or Netflix. Spotify means we give you a code that you use to turn your Spotify account into the Premium of Family version. This is slightly cheaper than getting Spotify itself. Netflix means you become a client of Netflix, but pay through your KPN bill.

Finally, options for telephone, security and so on are at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions about those, do ask. 

I think this should get you on the road to building the package you like. Let's talk about wifi to round it out.

How the wifi in your house is going to be depends on a number of factors. Them being

1. the speed coming into your house at the connection point
  2. the location of the Experia Box (our router)
  3. the size and build of your house
  4. environmental influences (neighbours and their wifi, certain devices in your own home that can disturb signal and so on)

I can't say anything about point 1 as I do not know your future address. I can say something about the rest. Make sure that the Experia Box is placed somewhat central. If that is not possible and it has to be in the meter box or other more secluded location, access points will probably be needed. Ideally you would connect these to the Experia Box by cable. Depending on points 3 and 4 you might need multiple access points. These can be bought at any electronics store from a variety of brands. We also sell our own: the Experia Wifi and a wireless version. Do note that when getting these, they will take over the wifi from your Experia Box so you will need at least two of them (one near the Experia Box and one at the location where wifi is not good enough). The advantage of these is that they are built to set themselves up with our router. When buying a different brand, you might only need one, but you will have to match it to the router's wifi yourself. 

If you would enter your future address in your forum profile and let me know when you've done so, I can look into the possible speed at the new address.

Wow, this completely answer my questions! :ok_hand_tone1::grinning:

Thank you for your time! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

It was my pleasure. If you have any more questions at a later date, by all means come back and ask :)