Beantwoord

Complaint regarding internet speed

• 1 October 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 837 keer bekeken

I am a new KPN internet and TV customer. My contract is for download speed of 100 Mbit/second, however most of the time I am getting a speed for 20-45 Mbits.
I have performed all the standard procedures to fix this- using the KPN Wifi Tuner, Wifi Analyzer tools to change channels, resetting the Experia V10 box- however nothing has helped till now.

I contacted the customer service multiple times- each with waiting time of 20 minutes on an average.
Today, Oct 1, at 21.30 I spoke with a customer service agent- who was extremely rude and refused to help. His view was that KPN doesnt promise any Wifi speed, and that I should use wired connection.

It is beyond my understanding why I should pay for a 100mbit connection, while not getting even half of the speed.

This is extremely poor customer service, in addition to false promises being made during setting up the contract. Could anyone help me with escalating the problem to someone higher up in KPN?
icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 3 October 2019, 17:39

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Could you please measure the speed of your Internet connection with this tool using a PC that is connected directly to the Experia Box with a networkcable.
What is the speed that you measure?
Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hello Arnab, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you've had an unpleasant experience with our customer service. I'd be glad to take a look at what you're experiencing to see what the problem is, and what we can do.

First some general information. The packages we offer have a maximum speed. Whether or not you can actually get that maximum speed depends on the cable that runs to your house. If that is fiber, then you should be getting that full 100 Mbit on your Experia Box. If it's copper, it depends on the length of the cable (and a few other things, but mainly length).

So, the first thing we need to determine is the maximum speed that your address is capable of. To check that, I'd like for you to fill in your Forum profile. Please add at least your postal code and house number.

The next step is testing to see if that maximum capable speed is coming in on your Experia Box. To check that, follow the steps wjb posted above. If that result matches the maximum capable speed, then everything on the network side is in order. If it doesn't match, we can look into that.

If it matches, and it is substantially higher than the wifi speed, we can look into ways of improving the wifi. Be advised, though, wifi is often influenced by the environment. Which means that it might not be possible to improve the wifi without adding additional access points to your network.
Reputatie 7
Badge +30
You haven't come back, Arnab. I'm assuming the problem is resolved. If not, please let us know.