Beantwoord

Limited speed on VPN

• 6 June 2019
  • 11 reacties
  • 623 keer bekeken

Hello, I have changed to KPN home internet about 2 months ago. I work in tech environment, and i need VPN connection, i actually run 3 separate VPN's at home, 2 for work and 1 personal.
First month all ok, recently all 3 are severely slowed down. I pay for the 500 connection for this exact reason because i need bandwith that can support running 3 vpns. Can you please tell me if KPN is now actively limiting bandwith on VPN connections or is there something else wrong?

Thank you
icon

Beste antwoord door wjb 6 June 2019, 21:45

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
There is no active limitation of the bandwidth for VPN connections on the KPN network.
Which Experia Box do you use?
experia box v10A
Reputatie 7
That is exactly the type in which I have no confidence.
If possible try to get a V10 (without A) or use, like me, another router.
Do you have television from KPN?
no tv, just internet. why would the router limit the bandwith on vpn?
KPN alows third party routers?
Reputatie 7
no tv, just internet. why would the router limit the bandwith on vpn?
KPN alows third party routers?

I use an EdgeRouter Lite 3 instead of an Experia Box.
Because you don't have TV from KPN you could use other routers as well as long as the pppoe connection can be initiated on vlan 6.
My remark has nothing to do with "the router limiting the bandwidth on vpn" as that is not the case.
Hi @Lperta . Are you experiencing slower internet without the VPN's also?
no, everything is fine when vpn's are disconnected.
but i run the same vpn's on my back up 4g network and no issues. so its not the VPN' s. 2 of my 3 vpn's have gigabit lines behind them..like i said work.
Do you have te ability to test it with a router of your own?
Reputatie 7
In the meantime I really get a very bad feeling with respect to VPN on the V10A.
PPTP and IPsec/IKEv2 not working and other protocols slow.
Just as if the V10A wants to do "something special" with VPN connections.
Although I would like to trust KPN as an ISP I find these issues quite "disturbing".
I hope you managed to find a solution. I'm afraid I won't be able to send you another router and can assure you we are not capping the connection