Beantwoord

Modem randomly reboots many times a day

• 18 May 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 58 keer bekeken

My modem (kpn box 12) randomly reboots several times a day, 4 to 5 times in the last hour actually. I have the modem for a week now and I could’t find any pattern when or how this happens. I’ve checked all the power connections and changed where it's connected to but still the same issue is there.

This is very annoying and with working from home it's actually very blocking if it keeps happening 5 times an hour.

icon

Beste antwoord door Thomas van KPN 20 May 2021, 12:05

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Barka, welcome to our forum! I can imagine that gets old real fast!
Can you describe what the LED's on your modem do when the connection drops?
Are you using any network devices next to our modem like switches,routers or anything like that? (in which case, could you try it without for a while to see if the connection still drops?)

I'd like to take a look at your connection as well, could you update your profile and let me know?
You can reach our regular customer service through 0800-0402 (toll free) or through the chat on www.kpn.com/service 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Ah I see you've already filled in your profile and there's an engineer coming over today, within the next two hours actually.
Let me know how it goes!

Yes someone came today and changed to modem and the fiber box .. let's see how it goes :)

Thanks for the reaction!