Beantwoord

My router can nog support high speed, I want to speak someone

• 3 May 2021
  • 24 reacties
  • 155 keer bekeken

I would like to talk to a representative about replacing the old h368n router as it is old, weak and can not support high speed.

icon

Beste antwoord door Teun2356 4 May 2021, 15:23

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

24 reacties

Reputatie 3
Badge +1

Hi @Dudil,

I am not a representative of KPN but I do know that the V9/h368n can achieve high speeds (up to 1000mb/s). Something else might be wrong with your router. There is a small button labelled with the word: “Reset” on the bottom of the router. Press this button using a small paperclip or something else until the Power Light flashes red. After some times the router will be reset. Hopefully, this helps :) If not let me know!

Btw: how are you measuring the speed? With a cabled connection? (if not please try that first)

King regards,

Teun

Hi @Teun2356 ,

Thanks for your answer.

I have this router for almost 5 years. I know it inside and out.
Not only it can not handle high speed, but it also can not handle a large amount of traffic and needs to restart once every couple of days.

I can not reset it every time as I have IP bindings and port forwarding configurations.
If only KPN would have open the option to make it a bridge, that would have solved some of the problems, mainly off load the internal network traffic and routing.

Reputatie 3
Badge +1

Yeah understood. I think bridge mode also would not fix the problem because the Experia box would not send anything to the other router. How about contacting KPN on the support page using the chat. In the chatbot type: “Ik wil een medewerker spreken.”. By doing this you will be connected to an employee.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Dudil, welcome.

Did you already had contact with a colleague? Or can I still help you? If so can you show me a screenshot of the outcome of a speedtest? And have to ask, did you reset te router? I understand you don't want to, but is also a necessary step if we have to dive in your line. 

Hi @Bart_Z ,

I still didn't have a chance to speak to one of your colleagues, the waiting time for the chat was too long.

I have done a reset to the router couple of times, as I said, I’m quite familiar with this router…

I have many personalized configurations and resetting the router on a regular basis is not acceptable anyway.
I have >25 clients connected to the router both Line and wifi. The router is too weak to handle this kind of traffic so once a while (two/three days) I do a shutdown.
I have a 100Mbps package but never got more than 85Mbps. 

If I would be able to use the router as a bridge and utilize only the modem functionality, I would be able to connect my own router and solve much of the issues.

Reputatie 3
Badge +1

You can also use your own router directly on the connection. More info is here.

Hi @Teun2356,

This is interesting, I need the U/P to the PPPoE connection, is it personalized or ther eis a generic one?

Also, Should I configure a static IP or it gets one from KPN DHCP?

Reputatie 3
Badge +1

I'm not into this at all haha. I know that @wjb knows a lot of this. He wrote this post. The most recent post under that topic is 4 days ago and there are a lot of answers so you might can ask your question there. 
Goodluck!

Reputatie 7

The login is generic, in fact, you can use anything al long as both login and password have a value.

Note that the pppoe connection needs to be made on vlan 6.

Do you have a television subscription from KPN as well?

The login is generic, in fact, you can use anything al long as both login and password have a value.

No, Only Internet.

Reputatie 7

No, Only Internet.

Then it should really be a problem to use another router that fits your Internet connection (I assume VDSL) and is able to setup a pppoe connection on vlan 6.

Thanks, @wjb .

Now need to get a router that supports VLAN, my Archer C2 doesn't seem to :(.

Reputatie 7

Now need to get a router that supports VLAN, my Archer C2 doesn't seem to :(.

Do you have a fiber connection or a VDSL connection?

Fiber

Reputatie 7

In that case you could also place a switch that supports vlans between the NTU and your router and let the switch move the communication to vlan 6.

But on the other hand, I think you can define the vlan on your Archer C2 by selecting the ISP profile "Custom" and fill Internet VLAN ID manually.

I don't see such configuration on the Archer, maybe it old one. 

Another problem now… Port forwarding is not working.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

You mean on the Archer? Maybe you can share some screenshots in this topic: Eigen router. It's a topic about using your own. Someone can probably help you to get the portforwaring working. 

@Bart_Z No, the h368n.

Admin: gegevens verwijderd i.vm. privacy

Reputatie 7

Staan TCP poorten 80 en 443 inkomend open in de firewall van de 192.168.2.7?

Draait er een webserver op de 192.168.2.7?

Yes, both 80 and 443 are opened at my local IP.

The funny thing though, if I try to connect to ***** when I’m connected to my home network, then it works. Only if I try to connect from outside the network, then fail.

Seems the F/W of the n368h is blocking traffic from outside the network.

Admin: gegevens verwijderd i.v.m. privacy

Reputatie 7

If you have changed the port-forwarding then please restart your V9 as the V9 has a bug where port-forwardings are not automatically updated in the firewall of de V9 when they are changed

If you have changed the port-forwarding then please restart your V9 as the V9 has a bug where port-forwardings are not automatically updated in the firewall of de V9 when they are changed

Same. Reset to factory settigns, restart, nothing. port 80 is closed.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Have you tried it more than once? Cause we don't block any ports.