Beantwoord

No signal on new connection

• 2 April 2021
  • 14 reacties
  • 182 keer bekeken

Hello, good afternoon!

I was wondering if anyone here could help me, please. I’ve just moved here to the NL and I hired KPN services for my home internet. Last week I received my package at home with the modem and an email message saying that my internet would be activated on 31/03, but that didn’t happened and I don’t know what’s going on.. I have my modem installed here, but the internet green light keeps flashing and it doesn’t stabilize.. 

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do right now.. I’ve already tried to reset the modem, as well as disconnect and reconnect the power cable, but none of that worked.. if anyone could help me, I’d be very grateful.

Thank you very much!

icon

Beste antwoord door Thomas van KPN 3 April 2021, 16:19

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

14 reacties

@Marco Merlin  Did you call customer Service KPN atphone number 0800-0402 ?

I’ve tried.. but I don’t speak Dutch very well.. 😕 so I couldn’t understand exactly which option should I press.. that why I decided to come here. Is there any other phone number where I could speak (preferably in English) about my situation? Or would be better to wait someone from KPN to answer here on the forum?

Thanks again!

Reputatie 5
Badge +6

You probably could fill in your profile with some additional information so the collegaes here could take look whats going on. But did you have had a mechanic over or only the equipment ???

Hello, I’ve just updated my profile with the additional info, thank you! And no, I just received the equipment and connected everything.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Marco Merlin, welcome to our forums! I'd love to help you here but sometimes the wait is a bit longer.
When calling 0800-0402 the computer does not speak english yet I'm afraid, but my colleagues should! If you stay on the line for a bit the computer will always put you through to one of my colleagues but it might take a minute.
You can also chat with us on www.kpn.com/service (you can use google translate there)

That said, I see that you already filled in your profile!
Everything seems to be in order on our end but we're waiting for your modem to connect. I have a few additional questions.

• Can you describe what the LED's on your modem are doing?
  • What colour are they?
  • Can you reboot it and give it a factory reset with the reset pin-hole button on the rear?
  • How did you connect your modem to us?
  • There should be a cable between the DSL port on your modem and your IS/RA point

Hello Thomas! Thanks for your reply!

1- the internet light is green and keeps flashing, the other two (power and Wi-Fi) are green and stable.

2- I’ve tried to reboot the modem but didn’t work..

3- I’m using the telephone plug to connect. Actually, I have two connection points in here, both of them for the telephone plug. I’ve already tried to connect on both points but none of them seem to work. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hey @Marco Merlin! I just saw that you already called with one of our colleagues. He ordered a new modem for you. 
Just to be sure. You have two connection points. Isn't there a third one? Maybe in the distribution cabinet (NL: Meterkast). 

5 different connection points for (V)DSL

No.. I’ve searched again and there’s only those two points.. 😕 let’s see now with this new modem if I can get connected. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Ah that's too bad:slight_frown: . Let us know how it goes! And if you have any additional questions in the meantime you know where to find us!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Marco Merlin, I was going to ask if the new modem solved the problem but I see an engineer's been scheduled for friday so I'm assuming that wasnt it. :(  let us know how it goes!

Hello @Thomas!!

Unfortunately. the new modem didn’t solve the problem, but let’s see if the technician can help me this Friday.. I’ll let you guys know. Thank you!

Hello @Thomas!

I'm sending this message for you to know that my connection is finally working! The technician managed to fix it! In any case, thank you and thanks to everyone who answered me here! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Marco Merlin, thanks for the reply! I'm glad everything's working! 
If you have any other questions you know where to find us!

Hello @Thomas!

I'm sending this message for you to know that my connection is finally working! The technician managed to fix it! In any case, thank you and thanks to everyone who answered me here! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Marco,

Recently I have the totally same problem as you had here, can I ask when the technician came to your address how he solved the problem? By changing something in the local distribution cabinet (NL: Meterkast)? Or else?

Thanks in advance!

I just want to make sure there is a very high chance the KPN box 12 will not connect to the internet successfully for a new consumer. I have found several totally same cases in this forum, the problem can only be solved when the technician arrived.

I hope KPN can pay special attention to this potential problem.