Beantwoord

Slow WiFi

• 23 September 2021
  • 8 reacties
  • 106 keer bekeken

After installation, the WiFi speed tested 89Mbps for 100Mbps copper, but 15 minutes later the speed dropped to 10Mbps at best. 

I used the WiFi Manager in the app to optimise the WiFi, but the best is 11Mbps.

This is too slow and not acceptable, please assist. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Louis123 29 September 2021, 19:45

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +18

Hello @Louis123 

If you test the internet speed with a wired connection (UTP cable) between modem and PC or Laptop what speed do you get?
If that is he same, the problem is not WiFi but the internet connection itself.

If you get a good speed with a wired connection, do you have an Experiabox v10, v10A or a Box 12 and do you have extra AP's like Experia WiFi of SuperWifi?

Hello @GeSp 

I tested the wired RJ45 ethernet connection between modem and laptop and the speed test results are 89Mbps (RJ45).  WiFi still 10Mbps at best.

I have the Experiabox v10 and test the WiFi 2m away from the modem, so I don't think repeater APs will fix the slow speed.  Any thoughts on how to improve WiFi at the modem?

Reputatie 7

Do you have any other wifi accesspoint in your network?

No, just the modem. Single storey 65m² apartment with line-of-sight of the modem.

RJ45 Internet speed is 89Mbps.

WiFi speed is 10Mbps.  Does not make sense.  I suspect its a modem configuration issue, but the WiFi Manager tool could not improve the speed. 

Reputatie 7

Please install the WiFi Analyzer app on an Android tablet or phone and measure the field strength of the wifi signal at that location on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

How many dBm do you measure?

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@Louis123 spelen de problemen met de wifi nog steeds? Is het daarnaast nog gelukt om de Wifi Analyzer app te gebruiken en zo ja, wat zijn daarvan de resultaten?

@Bram_  I used WiFi Analyser and changed my channel to a less crowded one with improved speeds (now 32Mbps in worst area of the apartment).

Thanks for the advice!

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Honestly full credit goes to @wjb in this case. :wink: Good to hear everything is working as intended again!