Beantwoord

So where is the glasvezel genexis box?

• 12 January 2022
  • 12 reacties
  • 275 keer bekeken

I’m a new customer of KPN, my home recently received the glasvezel treatment. Technicians came, pulled the cable and installed a little box into which it goes. The box has no ethernet output, no conversion capabilities. I understand that I would need a genexis box for that. However, this did not arrive in my KPN package today. My internet switches over on the 18th, and I really need it for work. Please help me figure what needs to be done.

Just to recap: I can install the router that was sent, and set up the network myself. But I don’t have a converter box for the fiber. This is is a completely new fiber rollout. What should be done?

icon

Beste antwoord door Bart van KPN 14 January 2022, 12:48

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

12 reacties

Reputatie 7

I assume an appointment is planned where an engineer of KPN will install the ONT (or NTU).

@bvisser Your glasvezel needs also an NTU( Network Termination Unit) before you can connect to your modem. This NTU will be installed by a mechanic of KPN en after that will be activated. You can't do that yourself ! If your NTU will be a Genexis unit i don't now. There are more units possible…..

@bvisser Your glasvezel needs also an NTU( Network Termination Unit) before you can connect to your modem. This NTU will be installed by a mechanic of KPN en after that will be activated. You can't do that yourself ! If your NTU will be a Genexis unit i don't now. There are more units possible…..

Thank you, I am aware of the necessity of an NTU. However, I have not been informed of an appointment, neither by post nor email. Am I missing something?

I assume an appointment is planned where an engineer of KPN will install the ONT (or NTU).

I would have assumed that myself, however, I have received no communication from KPN regarding this. The person installing the cable said ‘the next guy will do it’, so I assumed a follow-up, but that did not happen. So now I am left wondering of KPN has a process for this, or will I be left without internet come the 18th when the contract changes over.

Reputatie 7

I hope that a moderator will soon react in order to sort out what went wrong in either the planning or the coordination.

I hope that a moderator will soon react in order to sort out what went wrong in either the planning or the coordination.

Do you know how long this usually takes?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Do you know how long this usually takes?

It can take a while. First you need to fill in your profile so they know who you are. 

If it is something which needs to hurry up then it might be a good idea if you call with us at 0800-0402. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @bvisser, for some reason no mechanic is planned to install the ONT. So I notified my colleagues to contact you to make the appointment. Will you please let me know when there was contact? 

And I also saw you use our ‘overstapservice’ due to that you will always have internet. We will notify your old USP to determine your subscription when KPN is up and running. 

Hi @Bart_Z , thank you for the help, I was called today about the appointment, looks like we're finally moving forward again.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

That's very nice to hear. After the appointment I like to hear from you again.

Everything is prima! :relaxed:  The technicians came yesterday and installed the NTU, and the connection with the router also went live. Enjoying the new fast internet!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Nice! :)

If still got any further questions, please let us know