Beantwoord

Subscription Fee was Deducted even though there was no Internet connection, Received no Refund

• 2 december 2018
  • 5 reacties
  • 2300 keer bekeken

Hello,

I want to understand when KPN will refund me for the Month of November 2018.
My connection start date was 7th November 2018. However, on that day the connection was not usable as the technician (from Regafiber) did not install it properly.

I was asked to wait till 19th November for another technician to arrive and install the connection properly, that was too late for me, due to which I decided to cancel the contract with KPN. I requested for cancellation on 9th November 2018, during the call, the person from cancellation department had confirmed that I will receive a refund within 29th November 2018.

After which, I received a confirmation on Email that my contract has been cancelled.

On 12th November 2018, KPN has deducted the monthly subscription fee from my bank account €39,22.
However, I did not receive any refund till today.

Please Note: Since the Fiber Box was not installed, it was not at all possible for me to use the internet.

Here is the whole story explaining why I had to cancel my connection and why I am expecting a refund -

1. On 7th November 2018, couple of Technicians from Regafiber came to my house and installed the wires. After installing the wires, they also connected the Fiber Box (the device in which the Optical fiber cable is connected). However, at the end of the installation, they took away the Fiber Box and asked me to contact KPN Customer Support so that KPN can send a technician to install the Fiber Box.
  2. I called KPN Customer Service on the same day and a support engineer named Ronny confirmed that a Technician will arrive on 12th November between 8to 10am to install the Fiber Box.
  3. But, on the following days I kept getting emails from KPN asking me to schedule an appointment with a technician, which was very confusing
  4. On 9th November 2018, I called KPN Customer Support again, and they mentioned there is no appointment scheduled on 12th November and the earliest date a technician can come is on 19th November 2018.
  5. Later that day I went to KPN Store in Bijlmer Arena and asked for their advise in this.They advised me to cancel the connection and apply for it again on January 2019 because I explained that will not be in the Netherlands till January 2019.
  6. I called KPN Customer Support again, later that day (9th November) and requested for cancellation. The person from Cancellation department confirmed that KPN will automatically deduct the monthly subscription fee, however, the fee will be refunded within 29th November 2018 because, I was not able to use the connection at all.
  7. On 12th November 2018, I noticed €39,22 was deducted from my bank account.
  8. On 29th November, the was no refund!!
As described above, I hope you can understand that on 12th November 2018, I had to pay €39,22 even though I had no connection during the month of November 2018. It is not logical at all to pay for a service which was not provided to me.

I would like to understand when I can expect KPN to refund me.

Best Regards,
Anugra De
icon

Beste antwoord door Marcia_ 3 december 2018, 20:46

Thanks for updating your information! I see that we have connected your internet for two days, so we well probably let you pay for those two days and refund the other days of november. Around the 12. of december you will receive a refund. If the refund is not for the entire month of november, could you let me know? I will make sure that you don't have to pay for anything.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +29
Hello @Anugra De, welcome! I would like to see what's going on. Could you please update your forum profile with your zipcode + housenumber and your customer number? I'll check what i can do for you and how we will get you your money back.
Hello Marcia,

I have updated my Zip Code, House Number and Contact Number in my profile. Let me know if you can see the updated information and also if you need any further information.

Looking forward to hear back from you!

Best Regards,
Anugra De
Reputatie 7
Badge +29
Thanks for updating your information! I see that we have connected your internet for two days, so we well probably let you pay for those two days and refund the other days of november. Around the 12. of december you will receive a refund. If the refund is not for the entire month of november, could you let me know? I will make sure that you don't have to pay for anything.
Thanks Marcia!

It seems I have received an invoice of €-36,72 recently. The amount did not arrive at my bank account yet.
As you mentioned, I will check again on 12th December and will let you know.

Best Regards,
Anugra De
Reputatie 7
Badge +29
Yes, I saw it too. I'll send you a private message with more information regarding this issue. Could you respond to that?

Reageer