Beantwoord

Technician costs for defective fiber box NT1

• 8 March 2021
  • 9 reacties
  • 154 keer bekeken

Good evening,

Today my internet stopped working and after following KPN online troubleshoot instructions it appeared that the fiber optic box in the meter cupboard was not working (no lights were on although it was connected to the power supply). 

I called customer service and a technician came and found indeed that the box was not working so it was replaced with a new NT1. 

To my surprise, I received afterwards a bill of 60 euro. I do not understand why I have to pay for the replacement of a defective NT1 that stopped working not because of my fault. 

Could you please advise if these costs can be waived?

Thank you for your help.

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 11 March 2021, 20:15

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @noclueat, welcome back here :) I've looked into this and I see that a paid technician was sent for this. That is what caused the costs. I can't credit this myself, so I have submitted a ticket to our back office to look into this. You will get a confirmation of that through text/e-mail. The back office will contact you by phone to resolve this. 

Hi Erik, thank you for your reply and for pushing the matter further and submitting a ticket. 

For my understanding, you mention a "paid technician" was sent. I would expect to always send an non-paid technician when it comes to a defective or problematic device/service which is owned by KPN. How come this is not the case? 

Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

For my understanding, you mention a "paid technician" was sent. I would expect to always send an non-paid technician when it comes to a defective or problematic device/service which is owned by KPN.

Yes, that is how it is supposed to go, indeed. When it's clear that the problem is on our side, the technician should always be one that we call a ‘malfunction technician’ instead of a ‘service technician’. 

The malfunction technician is free, unless (during the visit) it turns out that the cause is not in our equipment. A service technician is really meant to do additional services. Like ordering an additional set top box and wanting it to be installed. The service technician has a flat €60 fee and possible more depending on how long he has to be there, and what additional things have to be done (as agreed upon with the customer at the time of the visit).

I've made this clear in my ticket, so I expect it to be easily resolved. It may be a few working days, though, before you hear anything. The back office is fairly swamped at the moment.

I'm seeing that the costs have been credited, @noclueat, and that an e-mail has been sent to confirm that. The credit will be processed on your May bill. 

Hi Erik, 

Thank you for your detailed explanation. 

I have just received an email with next monthly bill. Unfortunately the bill already contains the 60 euro. As I pay with automatic payment, will this amount be credited back to my account at a later point?

Reputatie 7

Hi @noclueat, the bill is created automatically, in this case with the 60 euro. I've cheched the ticket for you, the back office send it to the engineers department so they can take a look at it too. It's possible they will contact you about it, or perhaps already have done so.

Good morning,

Is been almost a month now and nobody contacted me neither did I received the refund. Can you help advise what is the reason for such delay? 

Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I'm sorry to hear this, @noclueat. I checked the progress of the ticket and I don't yet see a response from the technician's department. I've sent for an update and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I'm seeing that the costs have been credited, @noclueat, and that an e-mail has been sent to confirm that. The credit will be processed on your May bill. 

Hi @Erik_ yes indeed I received an email that the amount will be credited with thenext bill.

Thank you for your help on resolving this matter, I appreciate it.