Welkom op het

KPN Forum

Recent online
Vraag

Terminition of contract, bad service, slow internet

Hi there,

I recently got KPN and configured just 4 days back. I had bitter experience with the technician who has done incomplete job and signed the work completion by himself. Also, the speed check/test not done. He fled just connecting the modem and called me after 5 mins to check if green light comes on. Thats it. No speed test done.

Since the day of getting connected, the internet speed is just 30 Mbits (by KPN speed check), whereas it was assured upto 100 MBits. I can understand the catch "upto", but getting 30% of what assured is too much. Other speed check sites are showing in 20s for upload.

I am living near Beurs, Rotterdam. Hope this should not be a problem for speed.

Is it possible to cancel the contract now? What is the procedure?
Reason: 1) Poor show my technician 2) TV, landline not connected and not working 3) Speed is pathetic. Definitely not my thing.

Thanks,
Bala

*Admin: titel aangevuld i.v.m. vindbaarheid
*Admin: topic verplaatst naar juiste board

6 Reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14
You can cancel the contract inside a 14 days period after signing up. I believe that its too late for that (The cancelation fee is the total subscription fee + 25 euro administrative costs).

That said, what happened there is completely how it shouldn't go, and knowing KPN I'm sure that they will do everything to resolve the situation. My experience with KPN is that they do take complaints quite serious.

Can you tell me what the speed is as described on this page:
https://netco-fpi-info.fourstack.nl/
(Enter the postal code + house number in the address area).

The following page effectively describes what is technically possible, the order process of KPN does also describes the expected speeds based on this information, in practice a variation of maximal 30% is generally considered "Acceptable"

Generally KPN doesn't normally release someone from a contract but there are rare exceptions - Which usually occur whenever KPN isn't capable to solve the situation within reasonable parameters, my advice is to follow the procedure the set procedure to resolve the issue. If the above site does indeed say that its 100 mbit and you get 30 mbit I'm sure that KPN will send a technician to solve the issue.

Could you also please insert your costumer number in your profile under the field "Klantnummer" if you haven't done so already. This will result in a quicker solution 🙂
https://forum.kpn.com/settings/profile
Dear Mr.SjorsK,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

This is what i got from the page mentioned by you.

Technology
Internet Speed
Buyer / DSL 135 Mbit / s
Bonded Buyer / DSL 203 Mbit / s

Thanks,
Bala
Dear Mr.SjorsK,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

This is what i got from the page mentioned by you.

Technology
Internet Speed
Buyer / DSL 135 Mbit / s
Bonded Buyer / DSL 203 Mbit / s

And the speed test website gives download speed as 36.9 and upload speed as 5.7

Thanks,
Bala
Reputatie 7
Badge +15
Hello Bala. At first I'm truly sorry to hear you had such a bad experience as a new customer. I can imagine you're really unhappy with how things went and that you are considering to terminate your contract. Let me at least try to change you mind and help you with this situation.

At first: my sincere apologies for your experience with our mechanic. I'll forward you feedback, ofcourse.

Your second remark: your tv and landline are not working. Is this resolved yet? If not, could you tell me a bit more: didn't the mechanic connect these devices? Do you need help connecting them?

Your third and last point. The interned speed is not what you were told it would be. According to the link Sjors sent about 135 Mbit would be possible, but you only get 36,9. How did you perform the speed test? I checked your line and it seems fine: we deliver about 106 Mbit on your adress, which is not exactly 135, but it's nearby. Am I correct in my assumption that you performed the speed test by wifi? Could you do a check using a cable connection?
Dear Mr. Bart,

Thank you for your reply and concern shown. I am happy that there are some people lat least listening to my queries.

Sir, I purposely had the intention of bringing a mechanic to install and configure the devices are because -1) Because all the manuals which can help in installation & configuration are in Dutch. I am yet to learn the language, but it takes time. 2) Every thing will work because it's handled by experienced professional. If i were doing it, i might need to invest more time, seek help in internet/community,etc. 3) If any clarification to be asked, can get the answers instantly.

For your second question: I connected to TV by myself, still its not working. I gave up researching on it. For the landline, I did not had the handheld device when the mechanic arrived. But I was expecting that it will be installed and ready to be connected to phone device. Yes, I definitely need help in fixing the TV.

For your third question: Regarding the speed test, all of the speed test websites are showing the same range. Yes, your assumption is correct. I have done the testing in WIFI only, within 5 metres' range. But still I feel 135 vs 36.9 is low in wifi. A discrepancy of 30% is agreeable. But that's not the case here. Even if I go with 106 Mbits, i should get at least 50-60 Mbits in wifi. I think, its not a big ask. Also, I have got WiFi amplifier, + WiFi Dual Band Amplifier to enhance the speed. Am i doing any mistake here?

I had a chat with customer care on the day the mechanic did incomplete job. They assured me to send another mechanic to do configuration. But again, its almost 5-6 days now. No communication yet.

Thanks,
Bala

Bart_ schreef:

Hello Bala. At first I'm truly sorry to hear you had such a bad experience a a new customer. I can imagine you're really unhappy with how things went and that you are considering to terminate your contract. Let me at least try to change you mind and help you with this situation.

At first: my sincere apologies for your experience with our mechanic. I'll forward you feedback, ofcourse.

Your second remark: your tv and landline are not working. Is this resolved yet? If not, could you tell me a bit more: didn't the mechanic connect these devices? Do you need help connecting them?

Your third and last point. The interned speed is not what you were told it would be. According to the link Sjors sent about 135 Mbit would be possible, but you only get 36,9. How did you perform the speed test? I checked your line and it seems fine: we deliver about 106 Mbit on your adress, which is not exactly 135, but it's nearby. Am I correct in my assumption that you performed the speed test by wifi? Could you do a check using a cable connection?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15
Hey Bala. Thank you for the extra information. I completely understand your desire to get a mechanic: it's a free service for new customers and you may expect a mechanic to properly install the hardware. This, in your case, did not go well. For that reason I will book another mechanic to finish the job. I will contact you about this later today. When the mechanic is present you can also ask him or her about the setup of your wifi. The mechanic might be able to help you finetune the connection you can get a better speed.

I understand you also have a wifi amplifier. You could also try our 'wifi tuner': this online tool will measure the strength of the signal and can do some modifications. Just disconnect your wifi amplifier, so you can get a clean measurement. Instructions are in Dutch, though and I understand this isn't the easiest language to learn. Hopefully you'll manage. I'll contact you later this day about the mechanic.

Reageer