Vraag

Too slow internet

• 6 August 2019
  • 9 reacties
  • 243 keer bekeken

Hello,
I have a question. I have a subscription to the internet at 200mbps, unfortunately even next to the router is much slower. please explain why ?

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Hi @Marcin.kowalik, welcome to our forum. The results in your screenshot aren't close to the 200 Mbit/s your subscription has. How did you take these measurements, was that on a wired computer or was it via WiFi? A WiFi connection can lose some speed, because the signal goes through the air. If you do a speedtest with a wired machine, the speed should be higher. Have you tried this?
I also want to check your connection from this side. Can you add your postal code, housenumber and the clientnumber to your profilepage? I look forward to your reply.
Hello @Jasper, thank you that you are interested in my problem, I have already completed my profile. I checked the speed via wi fi on laptop and phone, the results were very similar.
Reputatie 7
Hi @Marcin.kowalik, thanks for the filled out profile. With that I've checked the connection and that seems to be fine. You've checked the connection on both devices via WiFi? I'm curious to see what the speed does when you test in on a wired computer, can you test that too?
Reputatie 7
Hi @Marcin.kowalik, I haven't see a reply from you yet. Have you been able to check the speed on a wired machine?
hello @Jasper today I checked the speed on a laptop connected by a cable.

Reputatie 7
Thanks for the test @Marcin.kowalik, the connection via a cable is better but it still isn't the 200 your subscription has. Have you tried replacing the cable between the Experia Box and the fiberoptics connection point? If that also doesn't help, can you reset the Experia Box?
Reputatie 7
HI @Marcin.kowalik, have you been able to check the cable I mentioned?
Hello @Jasper I tried to reset the experia box, it didn't work. Unfortunately, I can't connect another cable, because i don't have it.
Reputatie 7
Hi @Marcin.kowalik, what happend when you try to do the reset? Do the indicator lights on the Experia Box change or do they stay the same? You can use another cable, like one to a computer, in it's current place. Just for test purposes 🙂