Beantwoord

Uncertainty over installation after cancelled engineer appointment

• 8 March 2023
  • 23 reacties
  • 125 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello.

I ordered inernet in September last year. I received the router, kpn ID etc. Someone tried to call me to confirm the installation date. I missed the call but they later called me again and I confirmed the installation date on the phone.

I then received an email stating that I did not confirm the date, so the order was cancelled. However, the technicians still came on the agreed date and installed my fiber line. I received a box in the mail to send the router back to KPN, which I did. 

I then made a new order and was given a new client number. I received an email stating that I would be contacted by 27 feb to confirm the order. I have not received any corespondance since. I have not received the new router either.

I called KPN client service. The operator said the internet is going to be actived tomorrow. This is an issue as I do not have a router. I am thus very concerned that my current internet withg Ziggo is going to be cut and I will be left with no internet.

The operater said he couldnt help me and transfered me to someone else. That person said they couldnt help me and transfered me again. I then got disconnected. 

When I log in to KPN to check my order status, it says the order is cancelled. 

Please can I have assistance with my order? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Bram van KPN 10 March 2023, 16:41

Bekijk origineel

23 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Don't worry about the ziggo connection, if you use the "overstapservice" then KPN send an signal to ziggo when the modem/router of KPN is connected. Because that won't happen ziggo will continue to send a signal for your internet.

I would advise to call again tomorrow and say you have an technical problem. KPN can send an modem the or a technician which will have a new modem/router in their bus. Good luck!

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @AgilePeanut! I completely agree with @Ik_Combineer on the overstapservice. 

I would like to ask you to please fill out your profile. That way we can find you in our systems. I would like to take a quick look to see what I can find for you. Help figure out how best to go forward from here. 🙂

Reputatie 1

Hi @AgilePeanut! I completely agree with @Ik_Combineer on the overstapservice. 

I would like to ask you to please fill out your profile. That way we can find you in our systems. I would like to take a quick look to see what I can find for you. Help figure out how best to go forward from here. 🙂

Hi Bram. 

I have completed my profile. Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut I've checked our systems. I see you've actually had contact by phone today. My colleague has noted that everything has been explained. Is this correct? 

Reputatie 1

@AgilePeanut I've checked our systems. I see you've actually had contact by phone today. My colleague has noted that everything has been explained. Is this correct? 

Hi @Bram_ .  

Yes she called me today and said I would have to wait for fiber to be available in my area, and that I must phone KPN network to confirm when that will happen. I have not called them yet.

I’m however am confused as technicians installed a fiber connection on 10 Jan. See the below photo. Must they come and install a different  line?

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut it looks like everything in the house is okay. Because this is the fiber connection that the fiber box can be mounted on to. What may be the case is that outside your house the connection still needs to be made. Perhaps in the point in the neighborhood where all the connections come together. 

I'd recommend calling KPN Netwerk at 0880 06 37 44. They can clarify if this is the case. 

If they can't clarify, let me know here. I will start a service ticket so the people who manage the orders can see what needs to be done still. And send an engineer if this needs to happen. 

Either way, we're going to get this connection up and running! 🙂

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @AgilePeanut! It's been a couple days. Have you had contact with KPN Netwerk NL? And if so, what have they answered?

Reputatie 1

Hi @AgilePeanut! It's been a couple days. Have you had contact with KPN Netwerk NL? And if so, what have they answered?

Hi @Bram_ 

Sorry I have only now got around to calling them. The automatic switchboard asks you to speak your postal code but it doesnt recognise, or understand, my voice as my Dutch pronouciation is poor. Could you possibly make the ticket?

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut I would love to help but this is one thing that I can't do for you. Is there any chance you have someone in your social circles who does speak Dutch and can help with this? Also, often with these lines if you don't say anything it transfers you through to an employee. Is that the case with this number too?

Reputatie 1

Hi @Bram_ 

I called today. I was told I need to book with the contractor. I was then put through to the contractor who said I must make a booking with KPN, who will bring their “black box” to connect me.

I’m tired of ruinning through hoops. Its been months now. I jsut want to cancel the order with KPN and move on with my life. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

I`m really sorry to hear. I`m going to try to see. Because your picture clearly indicates that fiber has been rolled out to the house. 

@Ward_ zou jij hier eens kunnen kijken? Volgens mij is er hier sprake van een probleem in de communicatie.

Reputatie 7
Badge +10

@Bram_ Stuur maar in de mail.

Reputatie 1

Hi @Bram_ 

My appologies about the previous comment about cancelling. I was a little annoyed and shouldnt have let my anger take over.

I received the modem this week. It has only come with a yellow CAT6 cable. The fiber box only has a APC fiber port, so I cant connect it myself. Does a technician still need to install a RJ45 port in the fiber box? (The modem is the KPN box 12 and does not have any fiber ports).

I still cant boox a technician on the app or website as it still says “Je bestelling is geannuleerd”

Reputatie 7
Badge +10

@AgilePeanut 

Your connection may be installed physically, but that has not yet been changed in the networkadministration. The contractor (Volker Wessels) still has a open order to install the connection (which they have done, looking at the pictures), but also to install the ONT.

The ONT is the physical device which needs to be placed on top of the connection to make it work. The ONT has the RJ45 port that you need.

For the moment all we can do is tell VWT that they still need to do this. Which they would know anyway, since it is on their list of running orders. There is no SLA agreement for this due to the fact that this address is stil in the construction phase of the whole rolloutproject.

Reputatie 1

Hi @Bram_ @Ward_ 

Thank you for your help. I am finally connected with KPN.

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut splendid! I've marked the comment that will help any future readers most as the answer in this topic. 

Sorry to hear it's had to take this long. But I`m happy to hear it's all been arranged. 

Reputatie 1

Thanks @Bram_ 

I have one question however, When I signed up I selected the Phillips 43” TV as the welcome gift. I do not see anything mentioned about it on my account or billing. Will I still be receiving the gift?

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut you will still be receiving it! 🙂 delays in the order do not cancel that. When the modem is succesfully connected, a signal is sent to our systems. After this moment your subscription officially starts. Along with billing this also means your welcome gift is sent. 

You will receive an e-mail within 14 days. This e-mail will have a Track & Trace code. 

If you've not received an e-mail within this time please let me know here. 

For more information check our information page about the welcome gift. For the same page translated to English by Google translate, click here

Reputatie 1

Thank you very much @Bram_ . You have been much help

Reputatie 1

Hi @Bram_ 

It has been over 2 weeks but I have not received any communication about a welcome gift. Could you possibly follow up on this please?

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut absolutely. Normally the signal to send this is sent at the same moment your modem connects. I see that moment in our systems. I don't see why the tv has not yet been sent. I'm checking this with logistics for you. 

Reputatie 1

Hi @Bram_ 

I received an email with the track and trace of the TV yesterday. Thanks again again for your help.

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@AgilePeanut that's what I like to hear! Have fun watching. 🙂

Reageer