Beantwoord

V12 Sagemcom Wifi SSID not visible - windows 10

• 7 July 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 777 keer bekeken

Hello there,

Unfortunately I do not speak Dutch, I hope that’s okay.

I am having problems finding the Wi-Fi SSID using a Windows 10 machine.

The SSID is visible from other devices (phones, smart TV), however the Windows 10 machine cannot discover it. 

Other wifi networks are visible, no issues connecting to the ones that are listed.

The personal Wi-Fi, coming from the Sagemcom is “invisible” to the Win10 machine.

Any suggestions what could be wrong here?

Could there be any settings in the modem that need adjustments? It is unlikely since other devices can discover the SSID and have no issues connecting.

Regards,

A

icon

Beste antwoord door RBxx 7 July 2020, 22:44

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Hi @sadfas no problem, English is fine.

The WiFi of the KPN Box 12 (Sagemcom F5359) is set to the 802.11ax standard.

This should be backward compatible with older WiFi radios. However, your Win10 machine could be the exception. You can change the WiFi settings in the modem to 802.11ac, perhaps that works.

Hi @RBxx 

You are correct. Thank you for the suggestion!

Changing to 802.11bgn seems to fix the issue.

Regards,

A

Apparently the Intel Dual band AC 7265 latest driver (v21.09.3) seems to handle the 802.11ax wireless networks.

Thanks again for the idea!

Regards,

A

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

You're welcome.

So you use the 5GHz WiFi now? that's even better!

You're welcome.

So you use the 5GHz WiFi now? that's even better!

Correct.

Reputatie 7
Badge +25

Hi all, I'm glad to see that the issue has been resolved. Thanks @RBxx :slight_smile:  What you were experiencing was a known issue with specific Wifi5 chips from Intel connecting with Wifi6. A Windows update should fix the problem, and I'm happy to see it did.