Vraag

Wifi connection problem - Your broadband physical link is down

• 3 april 2016
  • 8 reacties
  • 1552 keer bekeken

Hi, 

I just installed my modem and when I try to connect to the wifi it doesnt work and a message on the screen appears saying "Your broadband physical link is down", I tried to rest the modem and reinstall it it but it doesnt seem to fix the problem. How can I solve this issue? 

Best, 

Claudia

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hi,

How did you connect the modem to "the outside". Do you have a DSL or Fiber connection?

Robin
Reputatie 7
Badge +27
Hi , welcome here! When you look at the lights on the Experia Box, which ones are lit, and what colour? If you have only recently ordered internet from us, it's possible there's no signal yet. I can check this for you. For that, respond to the private message I'll send you.

Hi guys sry for bump but same issue here. Led on services is red. Power and wireless obviously green , the rest of them are off. I dont have CD with APP and no plug for dsl but my friend had one so gave me. Someone screw that up but maybe u have some idea how to get around that.
Btw. Its Experia Box v10
Reputatie 7
Badge +27
Welcome Kamil, the error message means there is no DSL connection. Where does the DSL cable end up? This should be connected to the point where the KPN connection enters your house. How is it possible you didn't have this cable? It should be included in the installation package. Please reply to my private message and I'll perform a few tests to make sure this is the issue.

I dont have CD with APP

I'm not sure what this means, could you clarify?
Welcome Kamil, the error message means there is no DSL connection. Where does the DSL cable end up? This should be connected to the point where the KPN connection enters your house. How is it possible you didn't have this cable? It should be included in the installation package. Please reply to my private message and I'll perform a few tests to make sure this is the issue.

I dont have CD with APP

I'm not sure what this means, could you clarify?

Someone working in kpn that was making the package for me didnt put instalation disc and and plug(there was cable ) for dsl but my friend spare me his cuz he didnt needed it. Also i guess u we're right. Monteur is coming. External outside the house wasn't made for kpn connection but upc and he will fix it so for now more questions.: D
Reputatie 7
Badge +27
Thanks for the update, Kamil. Joran is away at the moment hence getting a reaction from me. The CD is not required for installation. So it's no problem if you don't have it. Glad to hear there's an engineer coming 🙂 Let us know how it went?
Reputatie 7
Badge +27
Kamil has let us know that the engineer has come and fixed broken cables in the wall. Everything's sorted now 🙂

Reageer