Beantwoord

Cancelling and sim unlock

• 29 July 2020
  • 14 reacties
  • 369 keer bekeken

Hi KPN,

I cancelled the mobile and internet becaouse of moving abroad.

I already informed you and I recieved automatical e-mail.

The cancelling process are completed?

And my mobile phone device is unlocked sim. How can I get the sim unlock code from you?

icon

Beste antwoord door Marcia van KPN 29 July 2020, 22:01

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Hi there @Shunsuke, welcome to our KPN Forum!

I see that you have a question about your cancellation of your internet subscription and your mobile subscription because you are going to leave the Netherlands. That makes perfect sense. In principle, you have 1 month's notice. How did you communicate this to us? Via our website, with all the necessary information and proof that you are registered in another country? If so, we use 5 working days to respond to this. Has it been 5 working days since you completed the forms? Then I can check for you if it came through well. Do you want to fill in your Forum profile with name, postcode + house number (when you lived in the Netherlands), customer number of both your regular services and your mobile subscription and the 06 number? Give a message in this topic when I succeeded, then I dive into the systems.

About the simlock, since 2012 we no longer have a simlock on our devices. Another SIM card does not work in your device? Or how do you experience that it is a simlock?

Hi Susan,

Right. I moved to abroad today. I had already noticed to KPN and sent back some rooter and TV device to KPN. After finishing the cancelling process, do you notice by e-mail to the customer? 
 I filled my information.

For my mobile device, I tried the prepaid sim in Japan, but error message, network is locked.

I guessed that message means locked sim. As KPN has sold only sim free since 2012, that is prepaid sim’s problem. I bought that in 2019.

Shunsuke

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Hi @Shunsuke , I guess it’s not a simlock then but a regionlock. Phones sold in The Netherlands often have an EMEA regionlock (Europe, Middle-East & Africa) imposed by the manufacturer. So to unlock this, you need help from them.

Reputatie 7
Badge +25

Hello @Shunsuke. I looked up your account and I found the following.

The proof for cancelation was refused because it was in Japanese, and can't be read by my collegues. They will try to contact you to inform you. 

You must send the following so that it is approved:
the full address details, surname and initials, date of birth and account number.
An employment contract in English / Dutch as PDF.
An official proof of deregistration from the Netherlands is also sufficient. Preferably as a PDF.

Hi Paul,

I don’t have the contract in English. I will send the deregistration copy again.

Thank you.

Shunsuke

Hi Paul,

On the website of KPN, one of the deregistration proof or new employee contract is needed.

I sent the deregistration proof copy, please check and let me know after finishing.

Because I am already in Japan today.

Shunsuke

Hi @Shunsuke , I guess it’s not a simlock then but a regionlock. Phones sold in The Netherlands often have an EMEA regionlock (Europe, Middle-East & Africa) imposed by the manufacturer. So to unlock this, you need help from t

Thanks. I checked the manufacturer site, I need phone call with Netherlands sim for more than 5 minutes.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi Paul,

On the website of KPN, one of the deregistration proof or new employee contract is needed.

I sent the deregistration proof copy, please check and let me know after finishing.

Because I am already in Japan today.

Shunsuke

Hi @Shunsuke, it can be a employee contract, but only in Dutch or English. As soon as the deregistration proof has been processed, your subscription will be terminated.

I see that my colleague wrote today that it is possible to terminate your subscription if you call us again (+31612001200). I am not allowed to do this myself. You could also wait until we have processed your deregistration proof.

OK. I will wait for the process.

Dear KPN,

Today I recieved the e-mail regarding cancelation of Internet.

I submited 3 weeks ago, but the cancel date is 16th September!!

Too late, too late. 

And I already sent bacl the device to KPN and I have already moved to Japan.

Please explain that reason.

And also I don’t recieve the e-mail of cancelation of my mobile phone.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @Shunsuke, I will refund the costs from 31-7-2020 until 16-9-2020. So you will get your money back. 

Concerning your mobile phone. Do you want to end the subscription and lose the number or do you want to keep your number as a prepaid card?

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for your quick response. 

It is very clear for me.

And regarding mobile phone canceling, I want to end the subscription and lose the number.

Because I cannnot use the Dutch phone number.

Regards,

Shunsuke

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi Shunsuke, thanks for letting me know! I cannot cancel the subscription myself, so i've send an e-mail to the colleagues who can. As soon as I know more, I will let you know!