Beantwoord

Problem with the hotspot

• 6 november 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 1102 keer bekeken

Hello,
I am at a hotel that is using KPN for WiFi (open network). I have no trouble with my IPhone or Android but when I try my laptop (W10) I can connect but the login page does not pop-up. So I get stuck with connected (no internet). I tried clearing cookies, multiple browsers, CMD -ipconfig, i have a public IP, if i ping -t the default gateway I get constant reply, I disabled firewall, I disabled adblock, enabled pop-up, I tried to flush DNS, renew IP, tried default gateway in the address bar, http(s)://login.hotspotvankpn.com in the address bar, but so far nothing worked.
if anyone has any clues on how to fix this please let me know (it's more of a challenge now to see the fix and the root of the problem). Thanks
icon

Beste antwoord door Problem with the hotspot 7 november 2017, 00:11

Hello,
I am at a hotel that is using KPN for WiFi (open network). I have no trouble with my IPhone or Android but when I try my laptop (W10) I can connect but the login page does not pop-up. So I get stuck with connected (no internet). I tried clearing cookies, multiple browsers, CMD -ipconfig, i have a public IP, if i ping -t the default gateway I get constant reply, I disabled firewall, I disabled adblock, enabled pop-up, I tried to flush DNS, renew IP, tried default gateway in the address bar, http(s)://login.hotspotvankpn.com in the address bar, but so far nothing worked.
if anyone has any clues on how to fix this please let me know (it's more of a challenge now to see the fix and the root of the problem). Thanks

update
The fix for me was:
I would suggest you to update the latest driver for network adapter under Device Manager.
1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3. Expand Network Adapter.
4. Right click on the wireless driver and click on Uninstall.
5. Then restart your computer and it will reinstall the wireless network driver.
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Hello,

update
The fix for me was:
I would suggest you to update the latest driver for network adapter under Device Manager.
1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3. Expand Network Adapter.
4. Right click on the wireless driver and click on Uninstall.
5. Then restart your computer and it will reinstall the wireless network driver.

Reageer