Beantwoord

Slecht ontvangst Amsterdam

• 11 October 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 83 keer bekeken

I see people were complaining years ago about internet in OV in Amsterdam. I recommend that somebody responsible for coverage will go on trip with Metro from CS till Amstel or with Tram 26 from Rietlandpark to CS. On this routes 4G does not exist, you see only H or E on the display but internet does not work at all! anything you can do about? I nevr had problems when I was in Tmobile but now I see difference. You are preparing 5G but until then improve 4G!

admin: eigen topic aangemaakt. Oorspronkelijke topic
icon

Beste antwoord door Bart_ 15 October 2019, 15:08

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Mpiotrek Welcome on the KPN Forum and thank you for sharing your thoughts on our networkcoverage in Amsterdam! 

I can imagine that you expect an excellent coverage everywhere. And on most places in The Netherlands we do offer that excellent coverage. That being said, there are exeptions. Coverage in public transport, especially traines, metro's and trams are one of them. They’re notoriously difficult now and then and that's because of what they are. 

Let me explain a bit about mobile connectivity at first. The signal moves transmission post to your phone directly through the air. Everything thats in between the transmission post and your phone has an influence and the quality of the signal: trees, houses, buildings and all that. It explains why you have a better connection outside of your house than inside. 

Now your problem is with the connectivity in public transport. Objects like trains or metro's are in fact fast moving metal shells: they tend to block the signal of a mobile phone. And because of the fact that they move the signal also switches from transmission post to transmission post. A metro also goes underground, which makes good coverage even more difficult. 

Other operators -like T-Mobile- have their own network and there might be slight differences in the coverage. Where one provider offers better coverage on location A, the second provider offers a better coverage on another location. The basic rules are the same, though. You'll always will have better coverage outside, whilst staying on the same place. 

Hi@Mpiotrek Welcome on the KPN Forum and thank you for sharing your thoughts on our networkcoverage in Amsterdam! 

Dear Bart, Thank you for your explanation. I am computergeek and I understand the differences in coverage. In general my personal feeling is that KPN has worse coverage at least in Amsterdam Metro and Tram 26. I am sure that in other localizations this is different as this is obvious. Anyway- I hope with 5G we will get better speed and better coverage

Reageer