Beantwoord

Ervaringen afsluiten mobiel abonnement

• 7 april 2015
  • 3 reacties
  • 629 keer bekeken

Hi,

I would like to share my experience with KPN.

In October I had a new job and I needed to get a mobile phone. My decision went with KPN. Oh, what I regret this!!!

This is what happened:

I walked into the KPN store in Arnhem and asked to buy an iPhone6. No problem they said. It took almost an hour to fill the info in their system and to scan my Swedish passport and to take 0.01 euro of my PIN-pass. They would send me the phone.

After a week and a half, I did not get my phone. I called customer service and they said I had to go back to the store. I insisted and even though first claimed to be impossible they were able to see in the system the order had been cancelled. No reason was given. Why bother about a customer?

I went back to the store and I was told I needed and 'Uitreksel'. So, why did they not tell me from the beginning and why did they not get in touch with me to tell that they had made a mistake. No, just cancel the order and get on with it. Why bother about a customer?

I got my 'Uitreksel' and went to the KPN store in Zutphen. I asked if I could keep my old phone number. No problem! They just needed some info about my (at that time) present account. I went back to my work (that I was about to quit) and I got the requested info. However, the number I was supposed to call did not work or more accurate, nobody picked up. They did charge me 205.05 euro though.

Strangely enough, I got a letter that I was supposed to receive they phone, but with a new phone number. Strange, I though, so I called customer service. They told me, I could not get a new number because a number of reasons. The arrogant attitude of the person I was speaking to was that I should have understood better, but the advice was to return the phone and I would get a refund. Why bother with a customer?

When the mailman came with the phone, I asked him to return it.

Now it happened that I had to start my new job, which involved a lot of travelling and I desperately needed a phone. So, I went back to the KPN store. They did not have the model I wanted, so I had to settle for less memory and the wrong color. Why bother with a customer?

After a while I started to wonder why I did not get a refund for the returned phone, so I called KPN from China. Expensive! They were looking into their systems and talking and talking and then I got disconnected. Called again. This one was not interested in helping me. No chance to get in touch with the person who at least tried again. Why bother with a customer?

About a few weeks later, I called again from Mexico. No help! Same story. Why bother with a customer?

After the New Year, since it is quite expensive to make hour long calls from abroad, I came up with the brilliant idea to send a complaint via the internet KPN-site email. They answered me that I had to call customer service, which I did again and againg, with no further result. Why bother with a customer?

While back in the Netherlands, 4 months later, I called customer service. Now, they pointed me to the KPN store. Since I had limitied time, I insisted they should refund me the money, but no result. Why bother with a customer?

Luckily, I got mailed a survey how I experienced my call, so I gave them the full! I was called back and I was told that I still had to go to the store. I told them I did not have the chance, but my plans changed so I went today.

First when I came and explained my problem, I was told they could not look back in the system and that I had to call customer service. Why bother with a customer?

I insisted and told them I would not leave the store before this was settled. The man and woman in the store went back to consult, but the door was slightly ajar and I know enough Dutch to understand what they were saying. How could I be so stupid to come back there for a claim that happened in October. Why bother with a customer?

I went bananas. I explained to him that I had been travelling and I had been in contact with KPN for months and that I expected him to solve the problem now. Then I was accused of being unpleasant to him and that he would not help me if I dit not stop. I in return told him I would not leave the store before this was settled, so he began to serve other customers. The girl in the store started to help me though and then he took charge again. Why bother with a customer?

After more than an hour he came to me and told me that the money would be refunded to my account within 3 days. He said there was no process in place to refund money if the phone was not picked up by the customer at the mail office.

No appology! Not even a nice work! Just leave and you will have your money. Well, we will see what happens.

Why bother about a customer?

Cheers,

Jonas

Admin: onderwerp aangepast i.v.m. vindbaarheid. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Cindy_ 14 april 2015, 14:21

Hello Jonas, 

I didn't receive a private message. Is everything settled now? If not, please let me know. 

With kind regards, 

Cindy

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +23
Hello Jonasfj, 

Welcome to the KPN Forum. We didn't censor or change the title to reduce the number of views, we changed the title so other visitors are better able to find your topic. 

I am sorry to read your story. Normally, when an order has been cancelled, you receive a letter with the reason of cancellation. I’m sorry if you have not received one. I understand that this whole situation is frustrating. 

In the letter that you've received about your phone number, was there a reason mentioned why you got a new phone number? When we cannot import your phone number from another provider, you get a new phone number per the terms and conditions of your contract. 

Did you receive your refund of € 205,05? If not, please send me a private message with your zipcode, housenumber, last name, date of birth and your 06-number and I will take a look at this how we can resolve this issue. 

With kind regards,

Cindy 

Reputatie 7
Badge +23
Hello Jonas, 

I didn't receive a private message. Is everything settled now? If not, please let me know. 

With kind regards, 

Cindy

KPN decided to censor the title of this post to reduce the number of views...

jonasfj schreef:
Hi,

I would like to share my experience with KPN.

In October I had a new job and I needed to get a mobile phone. My decision went with KPN. Oh, what I regret this!!!

This is what happened:

I walked into the KPN store in Arnhem and asked to buy an iPhone6. No problem they said. It took almost an hour to fill the info in their system and to scan my Swedish passport and to take 0.01 euro of my PIN-pass. They would send me the phone.

After a week and a half, I did not get my phone. I called customer service and they said I had to go back to the store. I insisted and even though first claimed to be impossible they were able to see in the system the order had been cancelled. No reason was given. Why bother about a customer?

I went back to the store and I was told I needed and 'Uitreksel'. So, why did they not tell me from the beginning and why did they not get in touch with me to tell that they had made a mistake. No, just cancel the order and get on with it. Why bother about a customer?

I got my 'Uitreksel' and went to the KPN store in Zutphen. I asked if I could keep my old phone number. No problem! They just needed some info about my (at that time) present account. I went back to my work (that I was about to quit) and I got the requested info. However, the number I was supposed to call did not work or more accurate, nobody picked up. They did charge me 205.05 euro though.

Strangely enough, I got a letter that I was supposed to receive they phone, but with a new phone number. Strange, I though, so I called customer service. They told me, I could not get a new number because a number of reasons. The arrogant attitude of the person I was speaking to was that I should have understood better, but the advice was to return the phone and I would get a refund. Why bother with a customer?

When the mailman came with the phone, I asked him to return it.

Now it happened that I had to start my new job, which involved a lot of travelling and I desperately needed a phone. So, I went back to the KPN store. They did not have the model I wanted, so I had to settle for less memory and the wrong color. Why bother with a customer?

After a while I started to wonder why I did not get a refund for the returned phone, so I called KPN from China. Expensive! They were looking into their systems and talking and talking and then I got disconnected. Called again. This one was not interested in helping me. No chance to get in touch with the person who at least tried again. Why bother with a customer?

About a few weeks later, I called again from Mexico. No help! Same story. Why bother with a customer?

After the New Year, since it is quite expensive to make hour long calls from abroad, I came up with the brilliant idea to send a complaint via the internet KPN-site email. They answered me that I had to call customer service, which I did again and againg, with no further result. Why bother with a customer?

While back in the Netherlands, 4 months later, I called customer service. Now, they pointed me to the KPN store. Since I had limitied time, I insisted they should refund me the money, but no result. Why bother with a customer?

Luckily, I got mailed a survey how I experienced my call, so I gave them the full! I was called back and I was told that I still had to go to the store. I told them I did not have the chance, but my plans changed so I went today.

First when I came and explained my problem, I was told they could not look back in the system and that I had to call customer service. Why bother with a customer?

I insisted and told them I would not leave the store before this was settled. The man and woman in the store went back to consult, but the door was slightly ajar and I know enough Dutch to understand what they were saying. How could I be so stupid to come back there for a claim that happened in October. Why bother with a customer?

I went bananas. I explained to him that I had been travelling and I had been in contact with KPN for months and that I expected him to solve the problem now. Then I was accused of being unpleasant to him and that he would not help me if I dit not stop. I in return told him I would not leave the store before this was settled, so he began to serve other customers. The girl in the store started to help me though and then he took charge again. Why bother with a customer?

After more than an hour he came to me and told me that the money would be refunded to my account within 3 days. He said there was no process in place to refund money if the phone was not picked up by the customer at the mail office.

No appology! Not even a nice work! Just leave and you will have your money. Well, we will see what happens.

Why bother about a customer?

Cheers,

Jonas

Admin: onderwerp aangepast i.v.m. vindbaarheid. 

Reageer