Vraag

Can't make calls or send SMS to non-dutch numbers with my prepaid number, internet was also not working in belgium

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 247 keer bekeken

Hi!

I have prepaid sim and I’m in the Netherlands now.
I can not send sms abroad or call abroad to non-Dutch numbers.
Internet was also not working when I was abroad (Belgium). Roaming was on. 

Please advice what can be done. I need my sim-card for international use.

Thank you!

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +8

Hi @Lera, welcome! 

How strange that it isn't working! It sounds simple, but did you try to turn your phone off and on again? If that doesn't help can you try a different phone? That way we can easily check if the problem may be a setting in the phone or something else.

I also like to check the settings on this side. To do this, can you please fill in your profile with your 06-number and the simcard number? You can place the simcard number at ‘persoonlijke opmerkingen’. Please leave a comment in this topic afterwards, so I get a notification and help you further.

Can you please also let me know if internet is working when you are within the Netherlands and if texting and calling to Dutch numbers does work? Love to hear from you.

Hi!

I didn’t try it with another phone, but I tried another sim card on this phone and it works correctly with the same settings. 

Calling and texting to Dutch numbers works well, internet is also working well.

I’ve added requested data to my profile. Please check.

Thank you for your help!

Reputatie 5
Badge +8

Thank you for the information!

I checked both, starting with calling and texting to numbers abroad. For this function you need call credit. You have two kinds of call credit, you have the main credit that you receive when you add credit to your number and bonus credit, that you receive extra for adding credit. This extra, bonus credit you can't use for calling and texting to numbers abroad, you need main credit for this. I checked early December and I notice you didn't have main credit at that moment, only bonus credit and that is why you couldn't call or text. At this moment you still only have bonus credit. 

For internet you activated a bundle and this bundle should work without problems within the EU. I also noticed that there has been a very short connection, using 2kb. That is very little, but the connection is made, so I would advise to try to connect to a different provider when you are abroad. If this doesn't work and you can't try a different phone, then please call us when you are abroad. You can reach us on +31 6 1200 1200 (from within the Netherlands it's 0800-0402).