Can't top up prepaid phone, I only have a credit card

• 29 July 2022
  • 52 reacties
  • 558 keer bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

52 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I have an update but not the one you are looking for: there will not be a solution for this problem any time soon. To repeat myself once more: at this moment, it's only possible to top up your card with iDeal, PayPal or with a top-up voucher (opwaardeerkaart). I will keep you posted in this topic.

Very sad news @Marcia_

PayPal doesn't work either as many already pointed out in this topic. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

You are right! I am sorry I missed that! I will pass the message on. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

A question from the colleagues: if you are trying to use PayPal, do you have a Creditcard linked to the PayPal account? Or do you have (also) a bank account linked to it?

Not even getting to PayPal. Getting same error as when trying credit card @Marcia_ 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Thanks, @Bolandunited

I had the same problem, paypal of creditcard was giving me the same error as above:  U kunt geen gebruik maken van eenvoudig betalen omdat de limiet bereikt is. U kunt nog wel betalen via iDEAL. It s only happening only when  i m not using my number longer than 6 months and gets blocked , you can only receive calls /sms.

I manage to buy online a activation code - there are a few trusted websites who are selling this codes - search “opwaarderen prepaid  kpn kopen”(i m also not living atm in NL) and after that i could activate back my number.

Good luck !

Dear @Marcia_ .

I have the same problem (cannot top up by credit card or Paypal, I don't have iDEAL) with a SIM card that I bought four weeks ago and I'm interested in a solution. I have already added the mobile number to my forum profile.
Thank you very much for any update and support regarding this topic.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @KnightOfCydonia, welcome! I'm very sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this problem. For this moment there is no problem to this solution, but I will ask for an update and let my colleagues know that you have been complaining about this matter also. Thanks for letting us know!

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

There's still no update unfortunately😔.

Thanks for the feedback!

Could it be that the problem only occurs when accessing the payment page via foreign networks?

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

That might be the issue, but i'm not sure. It seems to be a difficult problem to solve😕.

Zelfde probleem, ik kan niet opwaarderen met creditcard of paypal; dit is dus al 4 maanden gaande? Nog steeds geen oplossing? Kan KPN mijn prepaid ook dan weer activeren? want mijn nummer verloopt in 2 weken. (Ik heb geen NL rekening, dus IDEAL gaat voor mij ook niet op)

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Beste @KSevim, welkom! Helaas is het inderdaad nog steeds niet opgelost. Ik wilde je nummer bekijken, maar je nummer wordt niet herkend in de systemen. Kan het zijn dat je toch geen KPN simkaart hebt?  Wil je je nummer bekijken opnieuw in je profiel plaatsen?

wat ik heb begrepen is van alphacomm, de opwaardeer partner van kpn, is dat kpn de paypal en creditcard betaalwijzen hebben opgeschort voor onbepaalde tijd, dus geen technische storing, gewoon opzettelijk. de reden is waarschijnlijk omdat het teveel kost vergeleken met ideal qua provisiekosten, aldus een sysop van alphacomm.

voor de non dutch speakers; kpn have discontinued the paypal and creditcard topup options thru their partner alphacomm, according to them its cost related. dont expect it to return, it hasnt returned in these last 5 months so figure and also act accordingly. as for myself i will go to t-mobile prepaid 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Natuurlijk heb ik meteen even navraag gedaan bij Alphacomm én intern. Daar wordt heel duidelijk aangegeven dat dit niet juist is. Er wordt aan gewerkt om het opwaarderen via Credit card en PayPal gewoon weer mogelijk te maken. Zoals ik eerder heb aangegeven, laat ik natuurlijk weten wanneer dit weer werkt. 

Volgens de website van het ACM  is jouw nummer actief bij Vodafone. Dan wil het sowieso niet om op te waarderen via de website van KPN.

Hi, I have the same problem. Can't top-up my simcard via bank card or PayPal. I have iDEAL but can't use it as well. There are no Revolut bank in the list!

I manage to buy online a activation code - there are a few trusted websites who are selling this codes - search “opwaarderen prepaid  kpn kopen”(i m also not living atm in NL) and after that i could activate back my number.

This helped via https://www.opwaarderen.nl. Commission 0.5 euro.

But other question. I have just top-up 23 January 2023. But Android application showing that it credit valid till 04 December 2022 . How it can be?

But other question. I have just top-up 23 January 2023. But Android application showing that it credit valid till 04 December 2022 . How it can be?

It's updated now, Question closed ) 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @Dancarv, @KnightOfCydonia, @Bolandunited, @AnaH and everyone else: topping up should be working again with Credit Card and PayPal! Please give it a try, if you need to top up and let us know :-).

Reputatie 1

Hi @Marcia_ thanks for the update. This seems to be working fine now with the website top up method. But not with the app - it's says that you will be redirected to the top up step but it keeps loading and loading and nothing happens. Hope this helps

Hi @Marcia_ .
Thanks a lot for the update provided. I really appreciate it.

The current status for me is as follows:

• In the app (Android) no topup possible. After having selected credit card type or PayPal I only see “We are preparing your order. You will be redirected to the payment page.” and a running progress bar for minutes.
  • Using Microsoft EDGE on a Windows 11 laptop and selecting PayPal as payment method, I actually get through to the PayPal payment site.
  • Using Microsoft EDGE (W11), selecting a credit card type and pressing “Afrekenen”, I get an info pop-up (redirecting) for about 20 seconds and then … nothing else.
  • Using Google Chrome on W11, the 4 steps (1. general topup/bundle, 2. amount, 3. mobile number, 4. payment type) are not shown. Blank screen underneath:

“Waardeer gemakkelijk je KPN beltegoed op of koop een nieuwe mobiele bundel voor bellen, sms of internet. Waardeer veilig en eenvoudig je beltegoed op met iDEAL, Creditcard of PayPal.

Wil je altijd bereikbaar zijn zonder te moeten opwaarderen? Stap dan over van Prepaid naar een abonnement van KPN.”

Perhaps these observations may help to narrow down the error.

Best regards

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Thanks both! 

@Dancarv could you tell me what version of the app you are using? That should be visible in the app itself. 

Reputatie 1

Hi @Marcia_ I'm using version 2.3.19. thanks 

Reputatie 1

@Marcia_ by the way the app I'm using is the KPN Prepaid and according to Google store the app was last updated in November 2022

Reageer