Vraag

Can't top up prepaid phone, I only have a credit card

• 29 July 2022
  • 52 reacties
  • 558 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

First of all, sorry for raising the question in English.

I have a prepaid KPN SIM which I have been using for a couple of years now.

I am struggling to top up so I can keep using the number. The app won’t load the payments page, so I tried https://www.kpn.com/prepaid/opwaarderen.

On the opwaarderen webpage, I try to pay by credit card but it says “U kunt geen gebruik maken van eenvoudig betalen omdat de limiet bereikt is. U kunt nog wel betalen via iDEAL”.

I have tried all sorts of amounts but the webpage keeps raising the same problem.

Unfortunately I do not have iDEAL or a Paypal account and I rely on the credit card functionality.

Would you be able to advise?

Thanks

52 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +28

Hallo @Dancarv ,

Loop even naar een supermarkt of tankstation en koop daar een KPN-prepaid-opwaardeerbon.  

Walk to a supermarket or gas station and buy a top-up KPN-prepaid-voucher.

Reputatie 1

Hallo @Noordzee 

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't live in the Netherlands anymore. Unfortunately I can't buy a new SIM. Plus I need to keep this number as I still use it as two factor authentication for some accounts and services!

Fingers crossed that someone will know what's going on with the payment system!

Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +28

OK @Dancarv ,

Then is the best possibility that you find someone in your neighbourhood who have a paypal-account or an Ideal-account.

https://www.kpn.com/prepaid/opwaarderen.htm

or : 

Someone in the Netherlands can buy a opwaardeerbon in a supermarket or gas station. 

En give the opwaardeercode in example via e-mail to you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @Dancarv, welcome! Although it is totally correct what @Noordzee says, I would like to check if I can fix this Credit card issue. Could you please update your forum profile with your phone number? I will look into it!

Reputatie 1

Hi @Marcia_ thanks for raising this and for writing in English. Appreciated.

I have just updated my profile with my phone number.

Any problems, please let me know.

Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

No problem! I’ve sent a ticket to our backoffice. Within 5 working days I should get an answer. I will keep you posted!

Reputatie 1

Hi @Marcia_ 

Just a short note to let you know that I've received the SMS below from KPN, so any updates from your back office would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Beste klant, let op: je hebt 5 maanden niet gebeld, ge-smst of internet gebruikt met je prepaid simkaart. Daarom blokkeren wij je tegoed en nummer over 30 dagen. Gebruik je telefoon of waardeer snel je tegoed op via kpn.com/onlineopwaarderen om je nummer en tegoed te behouden. Groet, KPN

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I see we haven't gotten an update from the back office, yet, @Dancarv. I've sent a reminder and will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

The back office has raised a ticket with a technical department. The tech department is still looking into this. As soon as we get a further update, we'll let you know, @Dancarv!

Reputatie 1

Hi @Erik_  thanks very much for the update.

I look fwd to hearing back from your colleagues.

Reputatie 1

Hi @Erik_ and @Marcia_  I was hoping that by now your IT colleagues will have now responded with a solution.

The deadline given to me by KPN to top up the phone number will end next month, so I am a bit concerned about this.

It should be a straightforward process to top up my account with credit card or PayPal. 

Also, I noticed that a family member is facing a similar issue so this problem might be affecting more people, or at least those currently abroad.

If you could advise me that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I'm sorry this is taking so long, @Dancarv. We still haven't gotten a further update outside of a ‘we will contact you when we have news’.

I'll ask them for an update again and will get back to you as soon as I can. I hope we can get this resolved in time. But if push comes to shove, it would be good to see if there is someone near who could top up for you with their PayPal or through iDeal.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @Dancarv, we've asked for an updat again. But the problem still isn't fixed. Is it at all possible for you to activate a PayPal account or maybe ask someone who has one, if they can top up for you? I'm not sure when this problem is going to be resolved unfortunately! I will let you know if we have any news.

Reputatie 1

Hi @Marcia_ thanks for the update.

I've already tried PayPal but I get the same error message as the one I get when trying to pay by credit card. And iDEAL is unrealistic for me as I don't have a Dutch French account anymore (nor have friends in the Netherlands anymore - so cannot ask anyone to pay on my behalf).

Your colleagues in IT will appreciate that this is a very frustrating situation. The company gave me a deadline to make use of my SIM, at the same time the payment options provided by the company are not working. In view of this situation I would hope that kpn would provide at least an alternative, such as granting me a voucher to top up so I could then use my SIM and prevent my number from being cancelled while IT staff figure out a solution. If the IT response takes a few more days, I will have my number cancelled (permanently I suppose).

Would appreciate if you could look into alternatives for me, if possible.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I am very sorry I didn't think about that. I've added 5 euros to your number. You should be able to use the simcard and we can struggle with this issue a little bit longer (of course I hope this won't be necessary!).

Reputatie 1

Hi @Marcia_ this worked perfectly and will help me buy time until IT replies. Thanks for your support, I appreciate it.

I've got exactly the same problem. When will this be solved @Marcia_

Thanks. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @Bolandunited, I would like to check if this is exactly the same issue. Then I will forward the e-mail to my colleagues with your number as a second example. Could you please update your forum profile with the mobiel number? Do you also get ‘U kunt geen gebruik maken van eenvoudig betalen omdat de limiet bereikt is. U kunt nog wel betalen via iDEAL'? And there is no possibility for you to pay with iDeal or perhaps activate a PayPal account? 

Hi @Bolandunited, I would like to check if this is exactly the same issue. Then I will forward the e-mail to my colleagues with your number as a second example. Could you please update your forum profile with the mobiel number? Do you also get ‘U kunt geen gebruik maken van eenvoudig betalen omdat de limiet bereikt is. U kunt nog wel betalen via iDEAL'? And there is no possibility for you to pay with iDeal or perhaps activate a PayPal account? 

Hi @Marcia_ yes ik heb exact dezelfde error. PayPal geeft ook dezelfde melding.

Heb telefoonnummer ingevuld in mijn profiel. 

Aangezien ik op bezoek ben in NL, werkt ideal niet. 

The same problem is happening with me. I can't top up my phone with card and don't have iDEAL. Why is this happening, anyone got this solved already? @Marcia_ 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @Bolandunited, I would like to check if this is exactly the same issue. Then I will forward the e-mail to my colleagues with your number as a second example. Could you please update your forum profile with the mobiel number? Do you also get ‘U kunt geen gebruik maken van eenvoudig betalen omdat de limiet bereikt is. U kunt nog wel betalen via iDEAL'? And there is no possibility for you to pay with iDeal or perhaps activate a PayPal account? 

Hi @Marcia_ yes ik heb exact dezelfde error. PayPal geeft ook dezelfde melding.

Heb telefoonnummer ingevuld in mijn profiel. 

Aangezien ik op bezoek ben in NL, werkt ideal niet. 

@Bolandunited als je in Nederland bent, kan je bij een supermarkt, boekenwinkel of tankstation een opwaardeerkaart halen! Dan ben je het snelst geholpen. Ik ga er natuurlijk achteraan.

@AnaH could you please update your forum profile with your telephone number? Do you also get ‘U kunt geen gebruik maken van eenvoudig betalen omdat de limiet bereikt is. U kunt nog wel betalen via iDEAL'? And there is no possibility for you to pay with iDeal or perhaps activate a PayPal account? 

@Marcia_ we're not in The Netherlands all the time. We really need this to work, I now regret buying a KPN Sim. It's crazy that this has been broken for weeks. 

PayPal doesn't work either. 

@Marcia_ thank you for your answer. I've updated my telephone number on the forum profile.

My bank account haven't iDEAL and PayPal doesn't work either. I am not currently in the Netherlands but since I work for the Netherlands I really need to use my phone.

Thank you for your help

@Marcia_ any update please? Just tried again, still didn't work. It's crazy that it's been broken for such a long time! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

@Bolandunited i’ve just asked for an update: as soon as I hear anything, i will let you both know!

Reageer