Beantwoord

[ENG] "Sim not provisioned" How long does it take?

• 1 September 2020
  • 1 reactie
  • 305 keer bekeken

Hello everyone,

I bought a KPN Sim-card today at a KPN Store in Maastricht and I was told I don’t have to do anything and the Sim will be activated automatically. So I put the Sim into my phone and I get the error message: “Sim not provisioned” and of course I don’t have a connection. I’m asking because I couldn’t find an answer neither in Englisch nor Dutch. Is this normal and it’ll be activated in a few hours or should I go back to the KPN Store? Thanks a lot!  

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 2 September 2020, 08:45

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @vincentste, welcome! A prepaid sim card is indeed pre-activated, which then gets confirmed when you first use it for a call or text after inserting it in the phone. However, for that to work, you need to be connected to a Dutch cell tower. With Maastricht being so close to the border it's possible you were instead on a Belgian tower. Can you try again, in an area near the middle of the city or something like that to be sure the tower is Dutch. If it doesn't work, either return to the store for manual activation. Or fill in your forum profile with both the phone number and the sim card number (both can go in the ‘mobiel klantnummer’ field) and reply here when you've done so. And then we will  check this and manually activate.