Beantwoord

Kost veel meer voor hetzelfde dienst bij KPN!!

• 16 juli 2018
  • 1 reactie
  • 119 keer bekeken

Example: If one selects the "bonus prepaid tariff plan with KPN, you received X euro bonus credit through the pre-paid top up. Because I can not buy "bundles" from this bonus credit, I MUST therefore pay EUR 30.00 (of my bonus credit) for 100 MB of data (KPN tariff states EUR 0,30 per MB)!!!. With my own top up credit, credit I would pay EUR 1.00 for 100 MB (One day internet bundle). If you do the math's, this is 3000% more costs for the same service! We get 50% more "bonus credit and have to use it by paying 3000% more for the same service!

Is this kind of "over charging" by KPN allowed legally?

Question/Suggestion to KPN - Would it not be possible to use our bonus credit for a more reasonable costs for using your services? (So not 3000% more). Why could you not offer "special bundles" which we can purchase with our bonus credits? Say for example EUR 3.00 for 100 MB instead of 30.00 for 100MB! Charging your customers like this looks to me like its a "day light robbery"!
icon

Beste antwoord door Erik_ 16 juli 2018, 11:33

Hi MVITA, welcome to the Forum! It is correct that bonustegoed cannot be used to buy bundles with. The bonustegoed can only be used for calls, texts and straight up data use. I am curious, though, where you found these prices, as they are not quite correct.

Regular data use costs €0,15 per MB (Source: the link KPN Basis 2012 Rate on this page)
As for bundles, there is no longer a 100 MB one day bundle. We phased that one (among others) out in February of this year. The current 100 MB bundle is valid for 31 days and costs €3,99. You can find it, and other available bundles, on this page. There's also a 1000 MB bundle for €9,99

To do the math again:
- regular data use €0,15 per MB
- 100 MB bundle € 0,039 per MB
- 1000 MB bundle €0.009 per MB

The whole idea behind it is: the bigger the bundle, the cheaper the data. Both of these things (bonustegegoed and bundles) have different target groups. The bonustegoed is aimed at people who call or text a lot and occasionally want to use some data. If you don't call/text a lot and do use data more, then bundles are better.

If you want to use more data, but speed is less important, you could also choose the Onbeperkt Online or Zorgeloos Online bundle. These both cost €8,99 and give you 30 minutes/texts and unlimited data, but the speed is much slower (128 Kbit versus 14,4 Mbit in the other bundles). The difference between the two is that the Onbeperkt one ends after 31 days and the Zorgeloos one renews automatically.
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +27
Hi MVITA, welcome to the Forum! It is correct that bonustegoed cannot be used to buy bundles with. The bonustegoed can only be used for calls, texts and straight up data use. I am curious, though, where you found these prices, as they are not quite correct.

Regular data use costs €0,15 per MB (Source: the link KPN Basis 2012 Rate on this page)
As for bundles, there is no longer a 100 MB one day bundle. We phased that one (among others) out in February of this year. The current 100 MB bundle is valid for 31 days and costs €3,99. You can find it, and other available bundles, on this page. There's also a 1000 MB bundle for €9,99

To do the math again:
- regular data use €0,15 per MB
- 100 MB bundle € 0,039 per MB
- 1000 MB bundle €0.009 per MB

The whole idea behind it is: the bigger the bundle, the cheaper the data. Both of these things (bonustegegoed and bundles) have different target groups. The bonustegoed is aimed at people who call or text a lot and occasionally want to use some data. If you don't call/text a lot and do use data more, then bundles are better.

If you want to use more data, but speed is less important, you could also choose the Onbeperkt Online or Zorgeloos Online bundle. These both cost €8,99 and give you 30 minutes/texts and unlimited data, but the speed is much slower (128 Kbit versus 14,4 Mbit in the other bundles). The difference between the two is that the Onbeperkt one ends after 31 days and the Zorgeloos one renews automatically.

Reageer