Beantwoord

Phone has been stolen

• 7 March 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 145 keer bekeken

Dear sir / Madam,

Two days ago my my wife 's telephone was stolen in Athens, Greece. She doesn't have any other phone or laptop with her to communicate about this . Finally when she got in touch with me later that evening I got to know about this incident. Since Friday morning I have been trying to get in touch with the customer care service and to block the number, because I didn't want any unforeseen activities to take place on her number.

Finally after multiple calls, some of the people being extremely rude and impolite and inconsiderate I finally got to a reasonable person who did manage to block the number.

This morning while trying to look out for stuff on my KPN I have spoken to my wife saying that there are some additional costs that are abnormal and need to be paid by us. It was 690 euros. This is ridiculous and it doesn't make sense for someone to pay money when their phone has been stolen.

I dont want to be paying that kind of money for no mistake or ours. 

Please help with this situation. I have a scanned copy of the FIR (Police complaint) lodged in Greece. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Vikash van KPN 10 March 2020, 12:00

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7

It is really a pitty that you and your wife were not aware of the fact that you can block your phone in mijnKPN.

I hope that KPN will show some leniency.

Please also make sure that in the future your telephone is always protected by a gesture, face recognition or pincode.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hello @Bhavna I'm really sorry to read about your experience. That your phone was stolen is already very bad news and the additional costs that were made must have come as a shock.  I'm even more sorry to read that it cost you and your wife so much effort to get the number blocked and that colleagues you spoke weren't able to help you. 

I will look into the matter. Could you provide me with some personal details? I will need the full name of the contract holder, your adress, the mobile number and the custumer number. Please fill in your KPN Forum Profiel with this information. 

Thank you for your response Bart, I’ve updated the details. I would appreciate any help on the matter. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +21
Thank you for leaving your details. I see that a complaint has been made. My colleagues from the complaints department wil take this further and will contact you. I want to ask you to wait for this. 

Reageer