Beantwoord

Disconnects due to thermostat

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 14 keer bekeken

Hello, i have the same issue.

I tried to reserve an IP for thermostat, change settings to use 802.11 b+g+n, however whenever my thermostat is connected to wifi it’s causing restart of experiabox 12.

If i turnoff thermostat, internet works stable

Reset of exepriabox and thermostat doesn’t help.

Any advise? 

P.s. I don’t want to add extra router. And if doesn’t work i’ll consider to change the provider, unfortunately

Admin: eigen topic voor vraag aangemaakt

icon

Beste antwoord door Egor 25 February 2021, 12:25

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @Egor, welcome to our forum. The restarting Experia Box is an odd result of connecting the thermostat. You said you've reserved an IP for it, and that it does this since then. What happens if you don't reserve an IP? Does the Box 12 still restart then? Or does the thermostat not work at all in that case?

No, the issue started since the very begining of thermostat usage. So whenever thermostat is connected to experiabox with or without recommended settings, it cause restarts.

I found a workaround:

1. i created a guest 5G network in experiabox settings
  2. i connected thermostat to that guest network exclusively, while other devices are connected to the main one

So far no issues and no restarts for 10+ hrs;

I see in the network stats that only in that guest network there are disrupted packets. 

Egor

Reputatie 7

That sounds good Egor, I hope it stays working like this. If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.