Beantwoord

how to connect the dvd player with a LED TV without a scart connection

• 23 June 2019
  • 7 reacties
  • 335 keer bekeken

Hi all

I am having trouble getting the dvd player to work on my LG TV with the kpn experia box and their black box.
The LG TV we have no scart cable connector.

I have tried this so far:
1 - bought a scart adapter with the cable that has the red, white and yellow connectors. Put that on the DVD player
and then the red and white connected to the back of the TV.

2 - Bought a scart extension - put that in the black box or KPN, then the scart adapter or the dvd player to one of them. Than again
connected the red and white connected to the back of the TV.

What am I missing? Does it need to be on a certain channel? Usually when put in a DVD it just overrides and starts playing.
The dvd player works, but I can't see or hear the movie. So it does not come on automatically like I am used too.

Attached are pictures of what I have and the model of the TV etc. Hi all
icon

Beste antwoord door PeterG 26 June 2019, 22:07

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

7 reacties

Reputatie 1
@WitchJaqi Do you have a HDMI output on your DVD player? Then you can use that cable to connect to the HDMI input on your TV.
If you buy a HDMI cable, choose a cheap one because they are the same as the expensive cables. Good luck.
A standard dvd player with only scart and video out (yellow rca) cannot be connected to your tv. The tv needs at least a composite video connection which is a yellow rca connection. Your tv does not have that and a scart connector is also not available.

The only way to play dvd's again is to buy a BluRayDisc-player or buy a dvd-player with hdmi output. As this player at Mediamarkt f.i.. These have a hdmi output and your tv has a hdmi input.

Next 'problem' then: your tv has just one hdmi input. So simultanuasly a settopbox is not possible.
Reputatie 7
Badge +21
Next 'problem' then: your tv has just one hdmi input. So simultanuasly a settopbox is not possible.

I think it has two HDMI input's:
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/766157/lg-32lj510b-zwart/specificaties/

Ah, okee @huistijger
On the foto i see only one. But possibly the second is on de side of the tv 😃

With hdmi you may have to turn te tv manually to the right hdmi input. It does not go automatically as we were used with scart.
Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hi @WitchJaqi, welcome! I think you are getting there with the help of Gerard, huistijger en Peter. If you need more help or have more questions, please let us know!
Thank you all. I thought I tried the HDMI cable already but maybe I didn't

Will try that, than see if I can manually put it to the right HDMI input.

I gather that would be on the TV itself and not via the KPN black box that I manually adjust the HDMI Input...right?
All extra equipment should be connected to the television. De connections on de KPN TV box are only outputs to connect to a TV. Scart or hdmi. When you connect the KPN box with hdmi then leave the scart unused v.v.