Beantwoord

Modem options

• 18 January 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 414 keer bekeken

Hello,

New customers here, haven't had our solution installed yet.

We already have an industrial router with plenty of ports and wifi, so we only need a very basic modem without wifi. Is there any such option from KPN, or would we have to find and purchase such a modem on our own? And in that case, would it even be possible to use a custom modem with KPN?

Thanks!

*Admin: topic verplaatst naar juiste board
icon

Beste antwoord door Arie_Kanarie 18 January 2019, 14:37

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 2
Badge
You can use your router after the modem/router of KPN. Just turn DMZ on to the IP-adres of your router and bind the IP-adres with the MAC-adres of your router and turn Wi-Fi off. The IP-Adres range of your router can not be the same as the IP-adres range of the KPN modem/router.
Reputatie 3
Badge +2
If you're on DSL you can hook up a custom modem in bridge mode, e.g. a Draytek Vigor 130. If you're on fiber you can plug in directly to the FTU. KPN won't be able to support you of course, so make sure to keep the provided modem around in case of any issues. Also VoIP is impossible and TV is hard, so just something if you're only interested in internet connectivity.

Personally, I have a Fritz 7581 on a DSL connection in bridged mode to an Edgerouter 4 (at xs4all, a sister company, but that's pretty much the same setup).
I think I'll try @Hanspaint's solution first and then give @Arie_Kanarie's solution a go, since that best addresses my original intention.

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'll aim to create my next forum post in Dutch 💪
Reputatie 2
Badge
If you're on DSL you can hook up a custom modem in bridge mode, e.g. a Draytek Vigor 130. If you're on fiber you can plug in directly to the FTU. KPN won't be able to support you of course, so make sure to keep the provided modem around in case of any issues. Also VoIP is impossible and TV is hard, so just something if you're only interested in internet connectivity.

Personally, I have a Fritz 7581 on a DSL connection in bridged mode to an Edgerouter 4 (at xs4all, a sister company, but that's pretty much the same setup).

Bridge mode is a better solution however there is no bridge mode for the KPN Expiria box

Reageer