Beantwoord

Wifi not working

• 7 July 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 772 keer bekeken

Hello,

I had my internet installed yesterday afternoon by a technician. It was working fine until this morning.

It hasn’t been working all day today, even though it shows a green light on the modem above ‘Wireless’ and the network appears on my laptop and phone. ‘Internet’ and ‘ECO’ has no light at all, ‘Services’ is showing an orange light.

When I try to go on the internet, it says ‘The broadband physical link is down. Please check your DSL, Ethernet, 3G/4G uplink connection status.’  Do you know what this means?

I rebooted and reset the modem a couple of times but it doesn’t help. It’s an Experia Box v10.

I called customer service and they arranged a technician to come out on Friday morning, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do in the meanwhile? Is the modem faulty or is there a problem with my laptop/phone?! I haven’t touched the modem at all after it was installed until this morning when it stopped working. I’m worried about paying €60 for a technician in case it’s ‘my fault’.

Thanks for your help in advance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Thomas van KPN 8 July 2021, 15:10

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Judit92, welcome to our forum!
There's two important things you're mentioning. The message that your broadband physical link is down and the Internet LED being off both mean your modem has no connection with us.
There's only really one or two things you can check that might be wrong on your end. But would likely need a technician.

• If you have a fiber connection you can check the cable that's in the red WAN port on the back of your modem. This should to your wall mounted KPN box, which would have three lights as well. If the power is off it doesn't have power. If the Network light is off it doesn't have connection with your modem and if the internet light is off it does not have connection with us and then we'll really have to wait for the technician tomorrow (which should not have any costs)
  • If you have a regular VDSL connection you'll have a cable in the grey DSL port, this should go the (slightly different,smaller and simpler) wall mountedKPN box. There's not a lot you can check except that the cable should be plugged in and not broken.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can also always call us on 0800-0402 (toll free)

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I Havent heard from you so I"m assuming everything's working again!
If not, or you have any other questions you know where to find us!

Hi Thomas, I had a technician come out and he solved the issue.

Thanks for your help!