Vraag

SuperWifi 2 doesn't connect wirelessly with KPN box 12

• 8 June 2023
  • 35 reacties
  • 540 keer bekeken

Hi,

I have KPN box 12b and two super wifi 2 points. I am trying to install the superwifi 2 points. however the points are showing red light. When I connect one Superwifi point modem it shows green. But these are not working wirelessly i.e. as soon as I remove the ethernet cable it becomes red.
I have tried all possible steps provided in the forum multiple time. Like resetting, etc.

I have even called over phone and was told that I will get a call back with solution but didn’t happen.

Please help. I need them to work urgently in Mesh else these are of no use.

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

35 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +18

Hello @Akshay Agarawal 

I read on this forum that after removing the cable it can take up to half a hour for the SuperWiFi's to turn green again, hopefully that will also work for you.

I left it overnight. Still red. Also, I kept it next to the modem just to be sure.

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

Since the kpn box 12 transmits its own wifi signal it's not a good idea to put it next to it

I even tried keeping it away from KPN box. It is somehow not able to recognise kpn box as master. When I connect the wifi point using ethernet that point becomes primary. And when I disconnect ethernet it should stay connected as per the installation manual. It turns red and stay red

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

What's the distance between the superwifi and the kpn box 12? 

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

Turn off the power of the superwifi2 then connect the Ethernet cable between the superwifi2 and the kpn box 12 then turn on the superwifi2 and let it run for 10 to 15 min untill the green led light keeps on then let it run for another 10 min then remove the Ethernet cable

@Cappuccino2 Tried keeping at different distances ranging from close to modem to first. Also, kept the ethernet cable in for around 1-2 hours still didn’t work.

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

Give the superwifi2 that gives issues a reset to default factory settings and follow the instructions i posted above lets see from there

Oh don't connect it to the kpn box 12 while doing so

Tried resetting multiple times, modem, superwifi, still doesn’t connect

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

The exact order of doing things is critical perhaps try as i suggested

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

If this still doesn't resolve it, try with customer services as they can remotely monitor things

Followed exactly same order of steps as mentioned above just to be sure.

Ignore the poor connection part. If I remove the cable connection between modem and SWP2-6FE everything fails

Tried calling them. Even they didn’t know what the issue is

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

From the looks of that it seems the distance is just to big to establish a good quality/speed link between the superwifi2 points

Try to place the superwifi2 closer to the other superwifi2 point 

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

To establish a good quality 5Ghz connection between the superwifi2's the distance must not exceed like +/- 5-7 meters without much obstacles like walls and such between them

Unless you use a wired backhaul wich deals with all these issues. 

no the actual issue is if I disconnect the ethernet cable from superwifi it doesn’t work, even when placed next to it. Superwifi isn’t connecting to modem by wifi, i.e I will have to keep 1 superwifi point connected to modem, which kill the purpose of having these 

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

What you could try is to switch the superwifi2 points and place the first one where the second one was and see what that does 

It becomes red.
It is happening as my modem isn’t becoming master. If my modem becomes the master this issue will be resolved

Reputatie 7
Badge +24

Iemand die de KPN Box heeft zal dit plaatje nooit moeten kunnen zien. Dit plaatje komt namelijk uit de webinterface van de SuperWiFi's. Die webinterface is normaal gesproken niet bereikbaar als de SuperWiFi's en KPN Box correct geïnstalleerd zijn en met elkaar samenwerken. Zodra je probeert in te loggen op de SuperWiFi's word je automatisch doorgestuurd naar de KPN Box. 

Ik vermoed dat topicstarter het WiFi op de KPN Box zelf uit heeft staan. Dan is de webinterface van de SuperWiFi's wel bereikbaar. En dan kunnen ze dus ook niet beide draadloos gebruikt worden. Er moet er 1 bekabeld aangesloten blijven. Net als bij de Experiabox v10 zonder a.

hi @Nick83 Yes, i shouldn’t be able to connect to the web interface of the Superwifi. As I mentioned the superwifi point itself is becoming primary instead of KPN Box. Also, the wifi in KPN box is also active. I see 2 networks in my wifi options one from KPN box and one from ethernet connected superwifi. Ideally it should be only from KPN Box.

Reputatie 7
Badge +24

Welke firmware versie staat er op de KPN Box? 

Reputatie 5
Badge +5

Iemand die de KPN Box heeft zal dit plaatje nooit moeten kunnen zien. Dit plaatje komt namelijk uit de webinterface van de SuperWiFi's. Die webinterface is normaal gesproken niet bereikbaar als de SuperWiFi's en KPN Box correct geïnstalleerd zijn en met elkaar samenwerken. Zodra je probeert in te loggen op de SuperWiFi's word je automatisch doorgestuurd naar de KPN Box. 

Ik vermoed dat topicstarter het WiFi op de KPN Box zelf uit heeft staan. Dan is de webinterface van de SuperWiFi's wel bereikbaar. En dan kunnen ze dus ook niet beide draadloos gebruikt worden. Er moet er 1 bekabeld aangesloten blijven. Net als bij de Experiabox v10 zonder a.

Dat verklaard misschien de eerste bekabelde superwifi2 inderdaad 

Firmwareversie V12.C.23.04.16

If I understand correctly mesh isn’t yet operational for this version hence the issue is being faced. But as per the installation steps it should be working.

Reputatie 7
Badge +24

If I understand correctly mesh isn’t yet operational for this version hence the issue is being faced. But as per the installation steps it should be working.

Inderdaad. U had deze versie eigenlijk helemaal nog niet horen te hebben. Dit is een soort testversie. Nog niet alle functies werken.