Missing parts for setup or no? Internet not working

• 8 May 2024
  • 9 reacties
  • 96 keer bekeken

Kpn didnt show me any pictures of these devices when I tried to set up internet.  I also have 4 hole socket, didnt work. I have tried multiple ways with no succes. Tech guy is coming in 2 days, I would love to solve it before that. Is this everything i need or am I missing something?

9 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +5

you say the tech guy is coming in 2 days? you mean the KPN engineer is coming to install the internet for you??

this connection is the fiber to the home from KPN:

but it needs to be rebuild to a newer version by a KPN engineer.

you say the tech guy is coming in 2 days? you mean the KPN engineer is coming to install the internet for you??

this connection is the fiber to the home from KPN:

but it needs to be rebuild to a newer version by a KPN engineer.

Yes Kpn engineer. Really? Buy they said fiber is not available in my building when I signed up..a guy just moved out of this apartment, he had internet so I'm thinking theres gotta be a way

Reputatie 7

Welcome to the community @VogueNL, that cirkeled box is indeed a fiber connection. I also see a COAX connection (which we don't use), and I don't think I see a DSL connection. Based on that I expect it to be a fiber connection that will be installed. 2 days ago you said the technician would come today, did they come? Were they able to install everything?

Reputatie 6
Badge +5

Welcome to the community @VogueNL, that cirkeled box is indeed a fiber connection. I also see a COAX connection (which we don't use), and I don't think I see a DSL connection. Based on that I expect it to be a fiber connection that will be installed. 2 days ago you said the technician would come today, did they come? Were they able to install everything?

The box with line 1 and line 2 on it should be the dsl box right or that little one the right side of it

@Ik_Combineer or am i wrong

Reputatie 7

The box with line 1 and line 2 on it should be the dsl box right or that little one the right side of it

I thought it was to big for a DSL connection, I think it's an ISDN box for 2 phones.

Reputatie 4
Badge +4

Hi @MR_CHIP, the box with line 1 and line 2 is the DSL box. They are common in apartments. And the box right next to it is used for telephone in this case.

Reputatie 6
Badge +5

Hi @MR_CHIP, the box with line 1 and line 2 is the DSL box. They are common in apartments. And the box right next to it is used for telephone in this case.

thanks for clarifying :D

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

I thought it was to big for a DSL connection, I think it's an ISDN box for 2 phones.

No those are really nice ISRA points, first ones we had with a circuit board as an connection point instead of the 4 pins "varkenssnuit". 

Reputatie 7

Fair enough, I thought wrong. I haven't seen them that bg before, but you see them in person, so you'll have seen them a lot more.

Reageer