Beantwoord

How to specifically purchase and active an additional bundel for travelin in the US

• 8 January 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 249 keer bekeken

I will traveling to the US next week - I will stay there for around 30 days - and would need an additional extra minutes bundel for my Dutch KPN mobile phone contract that would allow me to call and sms within the US but also from the US to NL and Germany. I want to purchase the largest available package (e.g. 500 min). I have talked to someone at KPN Klantenservice earlier today. Unfortunately she couldn't answer my question in English. As far as I understood from what she was explaining to me in Dutch, I would need to text the following message "VOORDEEL 500 AAN" and send it to #1266. Could someone please confirm? However, how would KPN know that I am traveling outside the EU, in my case to the US??? This doesn't make sense to me, unless I would add the location. e.g. US....

I would very much appreciate a reply asap. The answer can also be in Dutch.
icon

Beste antwoord door PeterG 8 January 2019, 13:51

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

It's a pity that not anyone at the phone speaks English.

Yes, send the text without the " signs. And use 1266 (not #1266)
The text does not have to be in capitals.

This bundel costs € 39,99. Than it's € 0,10 per sms/minute/MB. The bundel in your subscription cannot be used en stays unused.

You can see it in this page (it's in dutch).
http://kpn.com/buitenland
Fill in for country: verenigde staten

How they know where you are? Very simpel: the mast which connects with your phone! Even to about 5 km's accurate. And outside the Netherlands there is no KPN network. You then roam on a guestnetwork. At the central of KPN that is also registered.
Hi Peter:

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply !!! I am all set !!!

😘

Reageer