Vraag

Moving from Ziggo to KPN, how do I install everything?

• 7 December 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 235 keer bekeken

Hi folks 

So I moved houses and the new house only has a Ziggo coax connection. I got Box 12 in mail with DSL and ethernet wires. The manual is asking me to use DSL port.

1. At the time of application, website said that fibre connection is present so why do I have to use DSL?
  2. Is there any way to connect Ziggo coax to KPN Box 12 to start using the internet?
  3. If I connect the KPN Box 12 with coax, will I get fibre optical speed?

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

4 reacties

Welcome on the kpn forum.

1 That's a bit strange. But it's possible the previous occupant never let it come in. Then it's registered but not in the house. A technician is required in this case.

2 Ziggo is another provider with a totally other systeem. You can not use that with kpn subscription and equipment.

3 see 2

This is a DSL wall connection for KPN. One of those can it be.

Thanks @PeterG.
Also when we were subscribing for the internet, KPN website said that we can get fibre connection but the box has dsl cable and instructions for setting up dsl connection.

1. With dsl, we will not get the fibre optic speed, is that right?
  1. What should we do in this case? Folks on 08000402 kept us on hold for more than 30mins and there was no response.

With dsl, we will not get the fibre optic speed, is that right?

No, but it can also be a perfect speed for home use. I had 100 down and 30 up.

What should we do in this case? Folks on 08000402 kept us on hold for more than 30mins and there was no response.

During the day waiting time can run up tot 1½ our. Call best directly at 8 o’clock.

Strange that fiber was indicated and that you can't find that connection. What does FOURSTACK say about DSL and/or FttH connection on your adress?

Reputatie 5
Badge +8

Hi Geety and welcome on the Forum! I understand that you can't find the main connection of KPN at your home. If you fill in your profile and reply in this topic afterwards I can check if we should look for a fiber or dsl connection at your place. 

Most times you find the main connection in the fuse closet or (living)room near the road. @PeterG already showed you some pictures on how it can look like and you can also check our website KPN connections to see some examples. Feel free to make a picture of the connections available, so we can look with you and help with the installation. It's not possible to install our devices on the coax connection, this isn't used by us.