Beantwoord

5g coverage Scheveningen

• 15 October 2020
  • 1 reactie
  • 40 keer bekeken

Hello,

I have for some weeks a new tablet, the Samsung S7+ 5G and I am thinking to get a Sim only abonnement to get the 5G on it.

I checked the map on where I live to see if KPN have a 5G network covering the part of Scheveningen where I live. Unfortunately the 5G network seems to cover all the streets around mine (like 20 meters around) but not my address, according to the map.

Do you think I would still have possibility to have the 5G in that case? I precise that my apartment is on the last floor of my building so less obstacles (as I understand 5G does not go through walls)…

Do you think I should wait then until my street is also covered?

Do the 5G KPN sim can also reach the T-Mobile 5G network (assuming there are agreements maybe)? I am saying this because T-Moble 5G covers my address...

Many thanks!!

icon

Beste antwoord door Hanna_ 21 October 2020, 20:04

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +13

Hi @aulo1,

Thank you for your question. Currently, the best way to tell if there's 5G coverage on your location is to consult the KPN 'dekkingskaart’/coverage map, which you already did. If the map says there isn't any 5G available on your adress, then I'm afraid we cannot garentee that you'll be able to use the 5G on that specific location. The only way to know for sure if you are able to connect to the KPN 5G network is to take it to the test yourself. For example, if you have a friend or family member who already has a KPN subscription and a 5G compatable phone, you can check if it connects. If that's not possible for you, then I'd advise you to wait until we can garentee a connection. 

Furthermore, a KPN sim cannot connect with the T-Mobile 5G network. Both T-mobile and KPN have their own seperate cellular networks and there are no current agreements in place.

I hope this awnsers your qeustions, if i can help you with anything else, let us know! 

Reageer