Vraag

Not registered at address, can I still order a 1Gb subscription? - ENG

• 9 June 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 81 keer bekeken

Hi,

I would like to ask if I can ask for an installment of optical, wired connection into the house. Speed of 1gb/s.

Let me explain my current situation:

Im currently using eSim internet with unlimited data plan via phone hotspot for my PC, but it doesnt fullfill my needs, mainly because of instability and ping/latency issues.

The house I am living in is in possesion of Agency, which is renting it from an Owner. Ive been living here for 4 months already.

As it is an Agency house and I am not registered on this adress on Gementee, but I am working fulltime for last 4 months.

My real question is: Am I eligible to get optical fiber internet connection on the Adress for My Name, that I give to KPN, even if I am not registered on that adress officially? If im eligible, do I need some paperwork or any written permissions from agency/owner of the house for getting such service for the adress?

Thanks in advance for respond.

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +28

Hallo @MMarcinko ,

Check your adress on this website for The possibility: 

https://www.kpn.com/shop/pakket-zelf-samenstellen?icid=quicktile3

Hallo @MMarcinko ,

Check your adress on this website for The possibility: 

https://www.kpn.com/shop/pakket-zelf-samenstellen?icid=quicktile3

I checked beforehand, but that still doesnt give me an answer for my question. As I am foreigner currently living in Amersfoort.

adress check shows it is available.

Hurrah! KPN Fiber Optic is available at your address. That is super fast and super stable internet. With a maximum speed of

1 Gbit/s1 Gbit/s”

Can you get the owner of the home to order it for you?  Is there a physical fibre connection present in the building?  Otherwise there also will be a mechanic needed to firstly install the physical stuff. 

You can not order if you are not registered there. 

Can you get the owner of the home to order it for you?  Is there a physical fibre connection present in the building?  Otherwise there also will be a mechanic needed to firstly install the physical stuff. 

You can not order if you are not registered there. 

Do you mean owner as owner? Probably no.. Or Agency ”Uitzendgroep” that rents it for me? The Uitzendgroep has provided me internet via Simcard in router from different provider as KPN. It is really bad and they dont care, thats the reason I bought KPN simcard unlimited plan. So them buying the KPN fiber internet connection on the address is out of consultation I guess.

Thats why I wanted to buy Fiber connection for myself, pay it by myself.

About the physical fiber connection presence, I am not sure. I saw orange thick cable hanging around in livingroom (ground floor), but when I looked inside, it was just empty orange cover of the cable. In electrical/utility room there was nothing that I would specify into internet connection category.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Yeah you can just order, it happened a lot in this region with guest workers who are working in the harbor. Just make sure you call your landlord / uitzendbureau first to get permission. After that just order like it is your house and make sure you pick a monthly abonnement if you are not sure how long you will stay there.

Yeah you can just order, it happened a lot in this region with guest workers who are working in the harbor. Just make sure you call your landlord / uitzendbureau first to get permission. After that just order like it is your house and make sure you pick a monthly abonnement if you are not sure how long you will stay there.

Sounds good, appreciate your reply. My uitzendbureau said it is fine to get internet by myself. I can go ahead. However as it is 3floors house I am discussing with them, how would I distribute LAN around the house to my room. If can drill hole in a wall to get it to my room etc. As you said permission of the real Owner of the house, alias landlord. I am daily in a close touch with “uitzendbureau - Housekeeping department” regarding this matter.

The house been under reconstruction last year and im surprised there are none ethernet ports in any room. 

If a technician comes to install everything (fiber, modem etc..), is there any service or a chance to ask him for a pro-tip or installation of a LAN cable to specific location? for example my room?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

You can always ask but we are no magicians unfortunately. And officially we don’t have to drill holes in a wall if we don’t like to do it.

Putting a cable somewhere is no problem. Most colleges have 100’s of meters in their bus. I always have between 300 and 600 meter in my bus so that should be enough for any house.

Reageer