Vraag

Mobiel contract afgewezen [ENG]

• 13 October 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 68 keer bekeken

Hello

I recently tried to set up a phone contract with KPN through Belsimpel. It was rejected twice with no explanation, no matter I tried to follow KPN guidelines about max “toestelkrediet” and so on (I have a foreign EU passport).

Belsimpel advised to contact KPN directly, which I did. I called the KPN number provided by Belsimpel to solve this sort of matters, and a dismissive and quite unfriendly lady told me I had to go to a Belsimpel store in person to set up a contract. There are no Belsimpel stores where I live, and to this remark she just replied “I don’t know”. Her attitude was just like “ I am not going to do anything for you, find a store and solve this yourself”. The offer and telephone I had chosen is only on Belsimpel, so going to a physical KPN store won’t solve it.

I read in another post on this forum that if I called that number, a KPN person would know what to do.

I am quite disappointed with the service and attitude shown by KPN on this matter. I also have KPN at home but next time I will think about another provider if this is how they help customers. 

About the phone, should I just give up and buy a phone contract with another provider or can KPN actually do anything for this?

Thanks

*Admin: titel aangevuld i.v.m. vindbaarheid

2 reacties

Great service KPN. Just got a contract with Tele2, same costs. Will switch home internet provider as soon as I can too.

Reputatie 2
Badge +3

Hi @Laura724! Welcome to the KPN Forum :grin:

I apologize for the late reply, it's very busy at the moment. I also want to apologize for your bad experience with our customer service. It's sad to hear that you chose for another provider. 

If you have a foreign passport, you need to go to a KPN store to get a contract with KPN directly. I'm not sure how this is arranged within the rules of Belsimpel. 

Reageer