Vraag

Jumps in ping during League of Legends

• 27 November 2023
  • 9 reacties
  • 49 keer bekeken

Hello, I have a big problem in League of Legends game. My ping there jumps from 40ms up to 800 sometimes. No idea what the problem may be but other than that there are no problems at all. Is there a chance someone can guide me how to fix it or tell me if it is possible to fix by myself?

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Eryk , welcome to KPN’s community where customers help each other.

First off: are you experiencing these drops over wifi or do you play the game with your network cable connected? Are you on fiber or DSL?

Hello it is a fiber and I am using WiFi for it

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Wifi is known for its instability. Especially when gaming, I would not rely on wifi connections. For a stable connection and consistent pings, you have to use a networking cable.

You might consider KPN’s Superwifi, but then you still end up playing over a wifi connection.

Already got a superwifi.

To be honest at my previous house while using different provider there were no problems at all that’s why I am confused

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Maybe you can try moving the wifi equipment around and see if your signal improves.

Wifi is a radio signal and it’s sensitive. There are many sources that may disturb the signal, like microwave ovens, reinforced concrete walls and ceilings, but also your neighbor’s equipment. That’s why cabling is always better.

There is a problem that the only thing that stands betwen pc and router is thin wall nothing else. Previously I had few rooms of distance and no problems at all

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

If you insist on using wifi, maybe changing the channel to 2.4GHz may help. It’s a bit slower, but it has a farther reach and it’s slightly more stable. If you’re already on 2.4GHz, do try moving the experiabox around (I hope it is not in the meterkast, those places are known not to be the best location for wifi signals).

It may sound weird but I am not so ‘technical’. How can I do this?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Open your Internet browser and go to http://192.168.2.254 via the address bar.
    Are you logging in for the first time? Then you can leave the password field blank.
    Click on the 'Wi-Fi' button in the top address bar.
    Then go to "Advanced" in the left menu. (‘Geavanceerd’)
    Here you can turn the 2.4 Ghz function on and off. Don't forget to click 'Apply' (Toepassen) after making the change.

More info there:

Reageer