Beantwoord

No internet with own router

• 4 December 2021
  • 9 reacties
  • 422 keer bekeken

Hey, apologies in advance I do not speak Dutch :)

I am trying to configure my own router to replace the Experia Box v10 with a ASUS DSL-AX82U but having trouble getting online with it, at this point I’m wondering if it’s even possible!

I do not care about IPTV or Telephone, I’m only using the internet.

What I’ve done:

• Update the DSL-AX82U firmware to the latest version
  • Searched Google and these forums and wjb’s posts, like these (and more): 
  • Currently I am using the DSL-AX82U “behind” the Experia Box v10 (LAN1 in to WAN port) with DSL-AX82U in AP mode but ideally I would like to try and replace it altogether

Current setup:

So my question: is it possible for me to replace the box completely so I only have the one ASUS DSL-AX82U or will I forever need to use it in AP mode? :)

I don’t know what else to do but to ask for help here, I am going crazy trying to figure out all these acronyms like PPoE, PPoA, VDSL, ADSL, DSL, WAN, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, MTU, PPP, PAP, the list is endless.

icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 4 December 2021, 15:45

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

9 reacties

See https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Modem-Routers/All-series/DSL-AX82U/techspec/

The DSL-AX82U does not support DSL Bonding (2x 100Mbps, 2x 2-wires), but the V10 does. So if you would use the DSL-AX82U with just one of the RJ11 wall connectors, your internetspeed will be only about 100Mbps instead of 200Mbps.

See https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Modem-Routers/All-series/DSL-AX82U/techspec/

The DSL-AX82U does not support DSL Bonding (2x 100Mbps, 2x 2-wires), but the V10 does. So if you would use the DSL-AX82U with just one of the RJ11 wall connectors, your internetspeed will be only about 100Mbps instead of 200Mbps.

Thanks for the info, I could not find the word “DSL Bonding” good to know about it now! So I will just plug in one of the wires to the wall and the other directly in to the DSL-AX82U and see what happens :)

Thanks for the info, I could not find the word “DSL Bonding” good to know about it now! So I will just plug in one of the wires to the wall and the other directly in to the DSL-AX82U and see what happens :)

You can try to find a webpage named ‘DSL Status’ or so in the Asus. That should give some info about the electrical state of the 2 wires ( the RJ11 connector on the Asus). Same for the V10 that is currently connected.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Daleyy, welcome to our forum!

Did you manage to get it working?

Reputatie 6

No idea what you're stating but the cable with 2 RJ11 connectors (Y Cable) are a BVDSL (Pairbonding DSL line)
The splitter has absolutely no function as shown on photo.
I think you try to run a DSL-AX82U through the box 10 then its better to just put the Box10 in Bridge mode (Turn off Wifi) and let a UTP RJ45 Cat5e or Cat6 connect to the DSL-AX82U and let that run your Wifi and devices.

No idea what you're stating but the cable with 2 RJ11 connectors (Y Cable) are a BVDSL (Pairbonding DSL line)
I think you try to run a DSL-AX82U through the box 10 then its better to just put the Box10 in Bridge mode (Turn off Wifi) and let a UTP RJ45 Cat5e or Cat6 connect to the DSL-AX82U and let that run your Wifi and devices.

Thanks, good to know!
I turned off Wifi on the Box10 and put it in “mirror” mode (did not see “bridge”) and run it through the DSL-AX82U but it seems the WiFi on it is not great when it’s in this mode? Is that expected?

For the record, this worked the best, so I have marked this as the answer. Sure my wired speed is a bit slower, but the goal with the new router was to increase the signal strength through the rest of the house and this accomplished that.

For the record, this worked the best, so I have marked this as the answer. Sure my wired speed is a bit slower, but the goal with the new router was to increase the signal strength through the rest of the house and this accomplished that.

I can understand that your in-house performance is much more important than the max internet speed. Although I have fiber (FttH), I ordered the lowest possible speed (150Mbps). Maybe you could change your speed to 100Mbps, that might also reduce the monthly fee.

It might also be that a single wire-pair at your location is able to deliver almost 200Mbps, using VDSL2 profile 35b or better/more. If the telephone wire-length is short enough, KPN seems to prefer that setting over pairbonding. As said, have a look at your DSL status page in the modemrouter (Asus), that can tell you more.

Reputatie 6

Thanks, good to know!
I turned off Wifi on the Box10 and put it in “mirror” mode (did not see “bridge”) and run it through the DSL-AX82U but it seems the WiFi on it is not great when it’s in this mode? Is that expected?

Not mirror mode, bridge mode isnt really a configuration in your settings it's mostly just the modem wifi is being turned off so the radio doesnt signal out anymore. The modem in this situation essentially only powers the devices with internet that are connected with the UTP cables from modem to your DSL_AX82U in this example. If what you answered is really the solution to your problem and not this above i recommend lowering your speed in your subscription since it will reduce the monthly cost for you.