Beantwoord

Shrew Soft VPN issue (KPN Box 12)

• 25 July 2022
  • 2 reacties
  • 79 keer bekeken

Hi all,
(sorry for engligh due to a foreigner)

I'm using Shrew Soft VPN Client (v. 2.2.2) and I have intermitten issues with connecting to work resources by receiving ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
This happens not all the time, sometimes I'm able to connect without any problems, but that doesn't last long. After 10-15 minutes of fine work I got ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED again. 
I have tried to recconnect to VPN, restart KPN Box. Sometimes it helps, but it is not stable.

I have tried connecting to VPN client with my mobile internet and it doesn't have this issue. So I assume this is specific to KPN.
I also tried to connect from another laptop via KPN and I receive same result. Sometimes it works, but not all the time.

I asked my system administrator about this issue and they don't see any problems on their side.

This is very annoying issue as I cannot work without having stable connection to my VPN.

Do you have any ideas on how to prevent this issue?

Best,

Kostiantyn

icon

Beste antwoord door Anonymous 25 July 2022, 18:04

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

2 reacties

The issue is well documented on internet: 

e.g. https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2042894-shrew-soft-ignores-dns-settings-in-configuration

Some just had to switch VPN client to get it solved.

But you may find another solution like setting fixed DSN in the software.

Thank you. I will look into it.