Beantwoord

iPhone 15 Pro Max is overheating

• 25 September 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 268 keer bekeken

Gegroet, ik heb onlangs de iPhone 15 Pro Max in natuurlijk titanium gekocht, die op 22 september 2023 werd geleverd. Hoewel het een indrukwekkende telefoon is en op veel vlakken beter presteert dan mijn vorige 13 Pro Max, ben ik gestuit op enkele nogal eigenaardige problemen die blijkbaar bij meerdere gebruikers, ook op het Apple-forum, opduiken.

Het voornaamste probleem is overmatige oververhitting, tot het punt waarop het onaangenaam wordt om vast te houden, wat leidt tot aanzienlijke vertraging van de CPU en een merkbare afname in prestaties. Ik heb verschillende oplossingen geprobeerd, waaronder een frisse start door het apparaat te herstellen, maar dit heeft het probleem niet opgelost. Het migreren van al mijn gegevens, inclusief cruciale toegangstokens voor mijn werk, naar deze nieuwe telefoon, bemoeilijkt de zaken, vooral omdat ik mijn vorige iPhone heb ingeruild.

Het oververhittingsprobleem doet zich voor in verschillende scenario's, zoals tijdens het opladen, bij het uitvoeren van basisfuncties zoals e-mail controleren, het gebruik van communicatietools zoals Teams, bezig zijn met sociale media of naar muziek luisteren - en opmerkelijk genoeg game ik helemaal niet. Daarnaast lijkt de batterij opvallend snel leeg te raken, een zorg die ik nooit heb ervaren met mijn 13 Pro Max, zelfs niet in omgevingen met temperaturen tot 37°C.

Mijn vraag aan u is: wordt dit gedrag als normaal beschouwd voor de iPhone 15 Pro Max? Kan het een ontwerpfout zijn die inherent is aan dit model, of is het mogelijk dat ik een defect exemplaar heb ontvangen? Moet ik geduld uitoefenen en nog een paar dagen wachten, of zijn er directere stappen die ik kan overwegen? Uw begeleiding in deze kwestie zou zeer op prijs worden gesteld. Dank u wel!

--

Hello,

I recently acquired the iPhone 15 Pro Max in natural titanium, which was delivered on September 22nd, 2023. While it's an impressive phone, surpassing my previous 13 Pro Max in many aspects, I've encountered some rather peculiar issues that seem to be cropping up among several users, including those on the Apple forum.

The foremost concern is excessive overheating, to the extent that it becomes uncomfortable to hold, leading to significant CPU throttling and a noticeable drop in performance. I've explored various solutions, including attempting a fresh start by restoring the device, but this hasn't resolved the problem. Migrating all my data, including crucial access tokens for work, to this new phone complicates matters, especially since I traded in my previous iPhone.

The overheating issue occurs during various scenarios, such as while charging, performing basic tasks like checking email, using communication tools like Teams, engaging with social media, or listening to music – and notably, I'm not even gaming. Additionally, the battery seems to deplete at an unusually rapid rate, a concern I never encountered with my 13 Pro Max, even in environments with temperatures as high as 37°C.

My question to you is: Is this behavior considered normal for the iPhone 15 Pro Max? Could it be a design flaw inherent in the model, or is it possible that I received a defective unit? Should I exercise patience and wait a few more days, or is there a more immediate course of action to consider? Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door MarcoBl 12 October 2023, 15:38

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 4
Badge +4

Hallo,

Ik heb hier al wat over gelezen online:

Does the iPhone 15 have an overheating problem? | Digital Trends

Misschien niet relevant voor de 15 pro, maar ik heb dit probleem ook bij vorige modellen gehad. Zo werd mijn iphone erg heet en ging de batterij snel leeg. Ik had dan ook elke keer de reservekopie van mijn vorige iphone(s) overgezet. Blijkbaar zorgde dit voor het probleem en nu zet ik elke keer dat ik een nieuwe iphone heb handmatig mijn apps en degelijke over wat ik echt nodig heb. Ik snap dat dit niet de ideale oplossing is, maar verder heb ik nooit meer last gehad van overheating of dat de batterij snel leeg ging. 

Dit is maar een suggestie. Ik zou anders gewoon naar de genius-bar gaan in een apple store. Daar zijn ze ook altijd erg behulpzaam.  

Hallo,

Ik heb hier al wat over gelezen online:

Does the iPhone 15 have an overheating problem? | Digital Trends

For iphone 15 pro max i don’t think this is the answer. After 6 days the problems persists (even on facetime calls). I am leaving here a comment from apple forum: 

I’m also experiencing severe heat on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. It’s been a week since I set it up, so it shouldn’t be indexing. It’s really hot doing normal, non-intensive tasks, such as reading this playing music or reading this forum and writing this reply in Safari. The case is so hot it feels like it’s burning my hands as I write this. It’s worse on the left side of the phone, where the CPU is located, but the whole device is hot. I’ve experienced the phone refusing to charge until it cools down, and I’ve had the phone lock up for being too hot until it cools down after just picking up a cold not-in-use phone and opening the camera for under two minutes. I’ve had the phone sitting not-in-use on a table, and pick it up and it is borderline warm/hot. This is really unacceptable. The increased heat shows the CPU is ramping up and draining power, which would also explain why the battery life and standby battery has been worse than even my four year old iPhone 11 Pro Max. So it’s not just a little uncomfortable heat, it’s actually causing lockups until the phone cools down, keeping the phone from being used. I’ve had iPhones get warm before in processor-intensive activities, but I’ve never had one get “hot.”

I’m concerned about longevity - the damage and increased wear to the internal components, OLED display, and battery from constant exposure to higher temperatures like this over time. I can feel the heat through a case, but putting it in a case just traps more heat against the phone. The front glass is also hot. I have never really experienced any iPhone having hot to touch front glass before. This can’t be good for the display panel.

Apple really needs to comment with a real answer and explain how they intend to fix the problem, if possible. Otherwise, I am going to have to bring this phone back. And otherwise, it’s perfect. But I can’t keep something this expensive if it’s too hot to hold, potentially unsafe (burns, fire), has longevity and durability concerns, and doesn’t work properly due to overheating and refusing to work until it cools down.

https://www.wsj.com/tech/personal-tech/apple-new-iphone-15-overheat-dbd5171a

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255147042

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @tudor_11! Good news! I've read online that Apple is preparing to send a software update that should help with these problems. 🙂

Reputatie 3
Badge

They've released a iOS release that should help with these problems.

Reageer