Beantwoord

Invoice payment without Netherlands bank account?

• 31 December 2023
  • 16 reacties
  • 272 keer bekeken

Badge

I can't pay my bill because you don't use anything but Dutch IBAN. I called 08000402 several times but no help.

When I made the subscription, I deliberately asked if it would be a problem that I have a bank account from Bulgaria, the person from the office said that it was not a problem, but it turned out that it was not true.

icon

Beste antwoord door Bart van KPN 2 January 2024, 12:48

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

But what did you fill in the first time you became a customer?

I know online, in the shop and by the customer service you need to show/tell/fill in your IBAN when getting a new internet abonnement.

Badge

But what did you fill in the first time you became a customer?

I know online, in the shop and by the customer service you need to show/tell/fill in your IBAN when getting a new internet abonnement.

when I was in the office and making the subscription, the person from the office wrote the Bulgarian bank account and said that it would not be a problem, but when it came time to pay it turned out not to be the case. Then I tried to change it through the application, but it is not possible.

————But yesterday i make the payment by Revolut(without Nl bank account),maybe this is the only one solution.————

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Vladislav0049 If KPN doesnt accept your Bulgarian IBAN, go to

https://www.dnb.nl/en/payments/electronic-payments/sepa-and-iban-discrimination/

en report your case.

In https://www.acceptmyiban.org you can join the complaints of many EU banks to force KPN accept your Bulgarian IBAN

Reputatie 4
Badge +3

when I was in the office and making the subscription, the person from the office wrote the Bulgarian bank account and said that it would not be a problem, but when it came time to pay it turned out not to be the case. Then I tried to change it through the application, but it is not possible.

————But yesterday i make the payment by Revolut(without Nl bank account),maybe this is the only one solution.————

Nice that you could still use Revolut (I was about to suggest N26 to you). It is very strange that your Bulgarian bank does not support transfers to a Dutch bank account. Both Netherlands and Bulgaria are in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), an EU regulation, see https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/integration/retail/sepa/html/index.en.html#:~:text=Thanks%20to%20the%20Single%20Euro,way%2C%20just%20like%20national%20payments.

You should complain to your bank. Also, KPN should be able to use your Bulgarian IBAN number to automatically deduct the invoice amount from your Bulgarian bank account.

Badge

Nice that you could still use Revolut (I was about to suggest N26 to you). It is very strange that your Bulgarian bank does not support transfers to a Dutch bank account. Both Netherlands and Bulgaria are in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), an EU regulation, see https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/integration/retail/sepa/html/index.en.html#:~:text=Thanks%20to%20the%20Single%20Euro,way%2C%20just%20like%20national%20payments.

You should complain to your bank. Also, KPN should be able to use your Bulgarian IBAN number to automatically deduct the invoice amount from your Bulgarian bank account.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Vladislav0049 KPN wrote "for automatic deduction we do need a dutch bank account”, this is not correct.

IBAN discrimination

Do Dutch businesses or other organisations reject your payment account number from a European Economic Area (EEA) country? If this is the case, you could be the victim of IBAN discrimination.

What is IBAN discrimination?
Within the European Economic Area (EEA), no distinction may be made based on the country of origin of payment accounts.  If this does happen, however, it is considered IBAN discrimination.

IBAN discrimination is not allowed under the European SEPA Regulation (EU 260/2012). A payer or payee must not only accept a Dutch IBAN for credit transfers or direct debits, but also IBANs from all other countries in the EEA.

Direct debits (automatische incasso's)  from all countries in EEA can't reject .

Reputatie 4
Badge +3

Rediculous that KPN does not accept your non-Dutch IBAN account. Very unfriendly to its customers and indeed not compliant with EU regulations.

Badge

Rediculous that KPN does not accept your non-Dutch IBAN account. Very unfriendly to its customers and indeed not compliant with EU regulations.

if I had known it would be like this, I would have bought a French or English card, there are no problems with automatic payment there

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Vladislav0049, we accept all European bank accounts as long it is SEPA. 

So I don't know why yours it not working. 

It’s filled in correct into MijnKPN? 

If so will please call 0800-0402 again and ask for the collections department. They are the financial department and can help you. 

Badge

Hi @Vladislav0049, we accept all European bank accounts as long it is SEPA. 

So I don't know why yours it not working. 

It’s filled in correct into MijnKPN? 

If so will please call 0800-0402 again and ask for the collections department. They are the financial department and can help you. 

the problem was only with the automatic payments.Today I spoke to the KPN team again, I think they fixed the problem. We'll see next month

Reputatie 4
Badge +3

the problem was only with the automatic payments.Today I spoke to the KPN team again, I think they fixed the problem. We'll see next month

Oh, that would be great! Thanks for letting us know Vladislav, and please come back reporting whether the automatic deduction worked for you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Sounds good. Hopefully it's good now. :)

Badge

After 2 invoices,no doesn’t work.I have to pay manually with Revolut again.When i called them last time they lied me this time everything will be fine,but not exacly

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Vladislav0049,

I'm sorry to hear it's still not ok 🙁 We fully accept all SEPA IBAN accounts, so your Bulgarian IBAN should be ok. If the payment departement issued a mandate for automatic deduction for your IBAN, there is nothing blocking this fro our side. Have you contacted the bank to ask if they allow automatic deduction from KPN? If they don't, we can try to deduct but it will not work 😬

Badge

Hi @Vladislav0049,

I'm sorry to hear it's still not ok 🙁 We fully accept all SEPA IBAN accounts, so your Bulgarian IBAN should be ok. If the payment departement issued a mandate for automatic deduction for your IBAN, there is nothing blocking this fro our side. Have you contacted the bank to ask if they allow automatic deduction from KPN? If they don't, we can try to deduct but it will not work 😬

I will ask my bank when i come back in April/May for 2 weeks in Bulgaria.While im here i will ask you how to stop subscription without extra taxes because i will not work more than 2 years in Nederlans?Thank for replying!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

You will have a contract for 1 or 2 years, when this contract ends you'll be able to end your subscription without a fine. If you have a contract for 1 year, you can keep the same contract without renewing, so you'll be able to end it when you leave 🙂

Reageer