Beantwoord

Problems cancelling subscription after moving overseas.

• 29 December 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 60 keer bekeken

I’ve been trying to cancel my account since October when I moved back to the United States. I explained I was moving and was told they needed a letter that I had deregistered from the gemeente.  So I deregistered and sent them the confirmation e-mail I received. Never heard back until getting an e-mail just now that they had withdrawn another 54 euros from my bank account.  Is there any way to stop this other than shutting down my bank account?

icon

Beste antwoord door Shyrin van KPN 2 January 2022, 12:59

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @James17! Happy New and Thank you for contacting us!

I’m sorry to hear that you didn't get feedback or a confirmation of your cancellation. How did you send us the confirmation of proof of deregistration from the gemeente? We have an online form where you can upload this document :point_right_tone4:Emigratie doorgeven
When you fill in this form, you will receive an automatic reply that we have received your form + upload and after your uploaded proof is approved, you will receive a confirmation of your cancellation within a week.

Because you’ve already send us this proof, I’m advising you to contact directly our department “Opzeggingen” (Cancellations): you can contact them by chat. 
You can start a chat on our website :point_right_tone4:  contactpagina. Click on ‘Administratie’ and then on “Ik heb een andere vraag en wil graag contact hebben'. You can start a chat with one of my colleagues by clicking on ‘Naar chat’.

Thank you @Shyrin_ .

I had attached a copy of the e-mail the city sent me saying that I had deregistered. I didn’t receive a confirmation but I did receive another bill.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯    I’ll try the chat link you sent. 

Ah.  Received a new KPN e-mail this morning.  My request was rejected because I need to submit

Officieel "Bewijs van uitschrijving" oude gemeente of arbeidscontract/verklaring studieinstelling in het buitenland.

Which, alas, begs the question of what constitutes proof.  I’m guessing a photograph of today’s paper and me shoveling a foot of snow from my Minnesota driveway won’t suffice.  I’ll see if the gemeente has something that looks proofy. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

I don't think that is neccessary…:wink:  An official proof of deregistration of the gemeente will do and is certainly enough! 

My GP and insurance company has accepted that I’m no longer there.  

I ordered a certificate from national government that shows all three of my city registrations.  Maybe that’ll do the trick.  If not, I’m at a loss in terms of guessing what will be suitable evidence. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

You don'’t have to guess: when you receive the confirmation of deregistration of the gemeente, you can download a official proof of deregistration of the gemeente: that's what our department “Opzeggingen” (Cancellations) need, in order to cancel your subscription. If you have anymore question, please contact this department directly: you can contact them by chat. 
You can start a chat on our website :point_right_tone4:  contactpagina. Click on ‘Administratie’ and then on “Ik heb een andere vraag en wil graag contact hebben'. You can start a chat with one of my colleagues by clicking on ‘Naar chat’.

I contacted The Hague’s gemeente and they said that other than the e-mail they sent, I’d have to request an abstract from the national government.  I did that, it arrived by mail after a week and I resubmitted my cancellation request on 18 January.  As of 5 minutes ago, it looks like my account is still active. 

Tried to chat to confirm but got caught in the time difference.