Beantwoord

Connecting tv receiver via WiFi or connecting modem with coax?

• 13 April 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 321 keer bekeken

Hello, 

The old owner of the house had a Ziggo modem and it was connected using coaxial cable. see below:

https://www.cablers.nl/UMU-verdeler-voor-Ziggo-AOP

Now I get a KPN modem that has a DSL connection and I don't have a DSL connection nearby. If I use the DSL connection then I can not connect the TV receiver to the modem because of the long distance. Is there a possibility to connect the TC receiver using WIFI to the modem or is there a possibility to connect the Modem using coaxial cable (any conversion)? 

Thanks.

icon

Beste antwoord door Alexandra van KPN 14 April 2021, 09:14

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +19

Hi @ziggo modem to KPN modem, welcome to our forum! The way of connecting the modem and other equipment is a little different indeed, when you're switching from Ziggo to KPN. In this case because the previous owner of your house had a Ziggo connection. I'll gladly help you on your way :)

The Experia Box can only be connected through DSL, unfortunately there is no option to connect it with coax. I'd also advise you to keep the DSL cable as short as possible, with a maximum of 150 cm: that is best for the quality of your (internet)connection. Next, there are 2 options to connect your tv-receiver to the Experia Box. The first one is to use an ethernet cat 5 cable, it doesn't really matter how long that cable is. The quality is good enough to cover that.

The second option, if using a direct cable is difficult, you could think about using powerline adaptors. That way you redirect the signal over your electricity network at home. At KPN we have the Draadloze Verbindingsset, which you can order in our webshop. For one tv-receiver you need two adaptors, for two receivers you'll need three. I hope you'll be able to find the best solution for your new home in one of these ways. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hello Alexandra, 

Thank you for your answer. the second option looks good. but I want to make sure about the quality. Actually, i have a smart TV and tried to receive signal wireless by KPN app on the TV. it works but the quality is not good enough. does this work the same?

Could you please let me know how these powerline adaptors work. One of them is connecting to the modem and the other one is connecting to the tv receiver? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +19

@ziggo modem to KPN modem No problem! The powerline adapters work differently from a WiFi connection. I can't deny that a direct connection through a cable will always be the best way, but this may be a good solution. The Wifi signal goes through the air. The powerline adapters redirect your signal through the electricity network in your house. You'd place one of the adaptors near the Experia Box, and connect it with an ethernet cable. The other adapter will be placed near the tv-receiver and will be connected with a ethernet cable to the tv-receiver. I hope this gives a better idea of how it works.